Missions Depot > ArmA - Multiplayer Beta Testing

[MP/COOP/A.C.E.] 1-10 Combat Search and Rescue [TEF]

(1/5) > >>

Jackal:
Title: Combat Search and Rescue [TEF]
Author: Jackal
Mission Version: 2.00 (A.C.E. version :good: )
Download:[/b]  See attachment.

Story:

--- Quote ---You and your team are members of the Combat Search and Rescue unit. Your mission is to infiltrate hostile environment and successfully recover downed air crews. Here is your chance:

An F-15E, callsign "Foxtrot23," was hit by an SLA surface-to-air missile during an aerial recon mission over Sahrani. The aircraft was unable to maintain altitude and dropped off of radar. We have detected the pilot's emergency locator signal offshore. The WSO (Weapon Systems Officer) is still missing in action. Enemy radio chatter indicates SLA elements are actively looking for both of them. Let's go get 'em.
--- End quote ---

Gametype: MP COOP
Players: 10 (minimum of 2)
Arma version: 1.14 (tested with 1.16 beta)
Addons: A.C.E. (tested with version 1.09)
Mission time: Minimum time 25 mins to 1.5+ hours depending
Intro: No
Parameters: Selectable Number of Revives
Revive: NO YES
Time: Daytime
Weather: Stormy and windy

Known issues: No known issues  

Installation: Copy the pbo file into your "ArmA\MPmissions" folder.

NOTES:
-2.0 version uses A.C.E. effects, Norrin's Revive scripts, Wolfy's enemy Camps, and Kronzky's UPS scripts
-Many improvements over 1.0x version
-Uses Jackal's "popsmoke.sqs" script
-Improved artillery script based on Ext3rminator's older version uses Nemesis9's explosion effects
-Several new custom sound files

Mission concept:
This mission is meant to foster teamwork amongst players. Voice comms recommended. Players play as a member of the CSAR (Combat Search and Rescue) UH-60 team or CAS team (FFAR UH60). The mission starts out with the simple objective of finding the pilot at a known location offshore but there is more to it than just rescuing the pilot. His WSO (F-15 Weapon Sytems Officer) is still missing  ;). The mission encourages teamwork, tactics, and good piloting skills because you will need all three if you expect to make it through the mission. No revive. A.C.E version 2.00 and beyond has selectable revive options. Every player slot has a role to fill but some are more important than others. I tried to create something fresh for ARMA using the ability to swim and interact with AI to a small degree. The ultimate goal however, is to create a realistic scenario with a definite theme- Combat Search and Rescue. While it is not a "shoot-em-up" there is (or should be) a satisfying level of action in this mission.

Special:
-Every player has a "Water Survival Pack." It is a smoke/dye marker meant to mark one's location at sea or on land. You won't need to carry a smoke grenade to use it. You can only use it once but can "get another" one by entering an aircraft.

-Radio chatter

-There is a hidden objective in the rare case that some players are playing as the FFAR UH-60 crew AND their chopper goes down. If this happens, a new objective will require the CSAR UH-60 team to rescue surviving CAS players and bring them to base before mission will end.

-There is also HQ advice on how to get home in the unlikely event that the rescue chopper goes down but at least some of the crew and main objective survives the crash.

-At the forward operating base you start out at there is a kinda cool sequence where AI soldiers appear to be repairing a 3rd chopper that has seen some action. I put it in for ambience.

My request to you:
Play it and suggest improvements or notify me of errors.

EDIT: 4/17/2009 Uploaded latest version and edited top post to reflect changes
EDIT: 8/21/2009 A.C.E version 2.00 uploaded.  :clap:

laggy:
Is it not possible to play this with just 1 player?
This looks like a nice idea for a mission, but I won't be able to gather a MP session for a while  :no:

Laggy

Jackal:
Laggy, technically it is "possible" but impractical because for the first objective the pilot will need to locate the downed pilot at sea and another player acting as a rescue swimmer will have to jump out of the chopper and make contact with the downed pilot. At that point he will join your squad and you can go from there. That is why the mission leader is the copilot, NOT the pilot, so that players can share the workload. Piloting sounds easy but many a chopper got "swamped" or lost at sea in beta test sessions  :whistle:. From observing a few play-throughs on the [TEF] server, sometimes the player pilot would have to return to base for repair leaving the swimmer stranded out there with the downed pilot  :o. That is what the survival pack is for because it is really hard for pilot to spot a person bobbing in the water otherwise. Door gunners and flight engineers make great spotters to aid in the effort so the more players present the more realistic the mission will feel.

That is why i recommended a minimum of 2 players but ideally having a full crew for both birds would make for an enjoyable gaming experience. My experiences has shown that a solid group of 4-7 players should be able to accomplish the entire mission working together.

Ironman:
I completed this mission without ever firing a single shot nor did enemy shoot at me ever.... I think I saw a UAZ but I was flying over it to fast for it to shoot at me.

Is this more of a training mission? I could have easily done this by myself but I played it with about 10 other guys.... people on TS and ppl not on TS....

I got a mesage after I picked up the pilot saying that boats were coming.... No boats showed up at the base when I got there.... maybe they were suppose to move to the pilot position in the sea and I just got the pilot too quick....

Jackal:

--- Quote ---I completed this mission without ever firing a single shot nor did enemy shoot at me ever.... I think I saw a UAZ but I was flying over it to fast for it to shoot at me.

--- End quote ---

ironman thanks for the feedback. can you tell me what player slot you were in, how quickly you and your team left the base? Basically a summary of how you played it? I will have to look into triggers.

Did the objective tick off when you returned the pilot back at base?
Did he leave your squad at arrival back at helipad?
Did you get to objective #2? the WSO?

EDIT: I don't want to give the mission away but since it is in beta, once you return the pilot to base, these hidden objectives appear:
3. Recover F-15E WSO "Joker23Bravo."
4. Return Weapon Systems Officer safely to base.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version