Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Recommend some OPF/Res Campaigns.  (Read 5801 times)

Offline Chris-PA-

• Members
Recommend some OPF/Res Campaigns.
« on: 04 Apr 2009, 17:57:50 »
Hello, recently (Over the past 1-2 weeks) I have been revisiting Operation Flashpoint and the expansion Resistance for the first time in 4 years. I noticed since the last time I played the user made campaigns/add-on's have dropped nearly to nothing. I found a few good campaigns (About 6-8) but for the most part they were very short. I am down to my last three campaigns which I already started playing days ago, so they will only last me so much longer. I found more campaigns than this but they were mostly dead ends, either the websites that had the downloads no longer existed or the add-on's website no longer exist. So I tried everything to find more campaigns/add-on's: I Googled search multiple OPF based topics and found slim pickings, I joined the Flashpoint1985 forums and asked for help and got very little help, and I searched Google again.

So can you guys please help me? I really want to find more campaigns to play but I have no idea where to search now. If you can help me please include links to the campaign itself and the add-on's required. If you guys really can't help me can you recommend a forum that has the knowledge to help me? Thanks.

Chris

Edit: For example I tried to download Yankee Stalker (http://www.ofpec.com/missions_depot/index.php?action=details&id=42) from your website and the links to the download didn't work. I was able to download Freya Island but when I had to download LSR DeRa (Delta Ranger 200) it sent we to a webpage that required a login. I used my screen name/password from this website and it denied me access. Again I tried Google search and only found dead links.
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2009, 18:26:05 by Chris-PA- »

Offline Chris-PA-

• Members
Re: Recommend some OPF/Res Campaigns.
« Reply #2 on: 04 Apr 2009, 21:13:36 »
Thank you Kju, I played most of those campaigns but I see a few I didn't. Keep em coming guys.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: 04 Apr 2009, 23:44:59 »
If you haven't already, get nominesine's incomparable Blue Skies I (needs the Tonali addons + BAS stuff). Haven't seen better in OFP or ArmA when it comes to storytelling and mission design. TEH best.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Chris-PA-

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 05 Apr 2009, 03:01:12 »
Thanks Wolf that sounds like a fun campaign, but sadly those add-on links don't work.

#EDIT: Don't quote the entire previous post you're replying to..    h-
« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2009, 08:43:37 by h- »

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 05 Apr 2009, 03:56:36 »
we should make a list of these old addons the are not working. see if anyone has them downloaded and put them in the editor. i have an old cd disk that might contain some of these addons one of the that is missing is from KendoJs mission i reviewed mission snYper's Support Pack, any one have that?
admin could we set up a thread for missing addons or change the links.

edit what addons are missing from Blue skyes (a must play mission)? i with have a look around the dump (house) for my addon ofp disk
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2009, 03:51:59 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline humphrey

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 05 Apr 2009, 09:44:26 »
Code: [Select]
admin could we set up a thread for missing addons and put them in the ED dep?
See this here is what i was talkin about when I aksed about qualifed staff. This guy is on the staff and dont even know you guys got an Addons Department. Dude, why in the hell would ya put addons in the Editors Deparmtment when you got an Addons Department to put addons in? Its only like right there at the top of the page.  :yes:

Now I aint sayin that I'm qualfied cuz I only startin out editing but at leat I know whats in OFPEC an I aint even on the staff!  ::) :whistle: :P

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #7 on: 05 Apr 2009, 11:42:46 »
Hey Chris~
Check this website:

OFP Filefront OFP & ArmA Downloads

there is a short list of campaigns but it's got some, you could check out there. You decide which is good.

Also there was this one campaign called "Mercury". It's a special ops campaign but I tried to search for it but didnt' find it, if I find it I'll send it to you..

Cheers,
NightJay
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
« Reply #8 on: 05 Apr 2009, 13:57:10 »
Here's a working link for the BlueSkies campaign:
Blue Skies on OFP.info
When you click the link, select English and it'll take you to the homepage. Click the link again and it'll take you straight to the page with the download link.

You should be able to find all the required addons on that website as well, if you use the search function.

Offline Chris-PA-

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 05 Apr 2009, 23:59:17 »
Thanks for all the advice guys. NightJay, I have been to that website and downloaded most of those campaigns but I see at least 1-2 I am not familiar with so I will check them out. I will try downloading the add-on's for Blue Sky at the website Zipper recommended but if I remember correctly I wasn't able to find the add-on's for that campaign anywhere. On the other hand I have been searching for so many different add-on's I might be mixing up Blue Sky with another campaign. Schuler and Humphrey I would love if you guys can get some add-on's uploaded to a website where we can all use them, it seems over the past 3 years all add-on's/campaigns have been disappearing. Thanks for all your help guys I truly appreciate it, and if anyone else has more information please post it here since I am still actively looking. Oh and Schuler thanks for mentioning the CD back up, I think I will back up my downloads to a DVD when I am done. So I won't go through this search again.

**UPDATE**

It took a lot of patience and time finding/installing Blue Skies but I found the links and did the installation. When I start up OPF I get some error's now but if I hit ok and play the campaigns I have no problems, maybe I get these messages because I am running the WW4 mod? Anyway I decided to share the links with you guys for Blue Sky, the installation instructions ask for you to download some WWI Bi-Plane (Why would I need that?) but it was meant to run the the 1.91 patch not the latest 1.96 patch. I didn't install it and encountered no problems so far. Also while installing all these downloads I got another Campaign from BAS called Insurgency, which is great considering all the work I had to do installing the various add-on's. So here are the links:

BAS Air Weapons: http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/Air_Weapons_Addon;34049

BAS Delta/Ranger Unit Add-On (I already had this add-on but included it for your convenience  ;)): http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/DeltaRanger_Unit_Addon;34045

BAS BlackHawk: http://nakedsquid.com/modules.php

BAS LittleBird: http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/AMH6_Littlebird;15840

BAS Chinook/Kiowa: http://nakedsquid.com/index.php?name=Downloads&req=viewdownloaddetails&lid=7

BAS Pavehawks: http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/BAS_Pavehawks;36439

BAS Tonal Island: http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/BAS_Tonal_Island;34857

BAS Tonal Special Forces: http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/;72706

Russian OPFOR Vehicles: http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/Russian_OPFOR_Vehicles;36438

General Barron Editor (Please note I didn't install this update since I have a newer editor): http://ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=157&game=OFP

**Edit**BIS Camel (I was wrong about this add-on, it is required in later missions. I couldn't install this program since it isn't compatible with Patch 1.96. So I did some searching and found a WWI mod which has the BIS Camel add on in it's files. Download the file, and look in the add-on file. You will see the BIS Camel just add it to the add on folder in your OPF Directory and you will be set. I just installed the BIS Camel pbo file since the rest of the add on's are not needed for Blue Skies): http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/WW1_Mod;92090#Download

************* Admins if you are reading this please add these important links to your download section so people in the future can easily find these downloads, thank you.

« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2009, 18:34:01 by Chris-PA- »

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: 06 Apr 2009, 03:55:15 »
@ Chris-PA- thanks man, the problem is the links get old and somehow disappear. its just one of those things, this is a community site and your help is really appreciated :D

humphrey we should assign you to Quality Control  ;)
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2009, 04:28:03 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #11 on: 06 Apr 2009, 06:46:55 »
Regarding your though upon uploading addons Chris. This website use to have a bunch of addons I recall correctly, but where did they all go? 

Yeah the addon depot needs attention, I agree. :)
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #12 on: 06 Apr 2009, 07:04:43 »
NightJay0044 i guess we just fix them as they are found, but someone reported snYper's Support Pack link not working and i cant find a link, we might need to upload it if someone has it hidden in their downloads some where, i cant find my old back ofp addons disk.
Semper Fi

Offline Chris-PA-

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 06 Apr 2009, 18:45:08 »
Guys just to give you an update, the BIS Camel add on was a necessary add on. Since the BIS Camel installer isn't compatible with patch 1.96 I looked for a work around and discovered it. You have to download a WWI mod pack (Which is 117 MB). You do not need to install all the add-on's just the BIS Camel PBO file. After I did that I was able to play the mission. If you go back to my last post (With all the add-on links) you will see I updated my post on the BIS Camel and inserted a link to the WWI mod pack.

@ Chris-PA- thanks man, the problem is the links get old and somehow disappear. its just one of those things, this is a community site and your help is really appreciated :D

humphrey we should assign you to Quality Control  ;)

Yea isn't that odd? I would think the downloads would live on forever on various download websites, it's not like these add-on's stay on only one website. Once I am done playing through OPF and the various add on campaigns I will be backing up everything to a DVD. I want more people to contribute to this thread so I can archive these great campaigns and add-on's. By time I am done I hope to fill up one whole DVD, or nearly 5 GB of campaigns/add-on's. I am around 1.5 GB now.

If you look at my screen name you will see my E-Mail address, it's very likely I will use this E-Mail address for years to come (Unless I move, which is unlikely). If anyone wants these downloads in the future I could upload them somewhere for the people to download, just contact me. Or contact me through AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) I am always on and I will probably use this screen name for life.

Regarding your though upon uploading addons Chris. This website use to have a bunch of addons I recall correctly, but where did they all go? 

Yeah the addon depot needs attention, I agree. :)

I don't know the admins need to get on this. Tell me, Bohemia made successors to Operation Flashpoint what are they called? I might just upgrade since the OPF community seems to be moving on after all these years.

NightJay0044 i guess we just fix them as they are found, but someone reported snYper's Support Pack link not working and i cant find a link, we might need to upload it if someone has it hidden in their downloads some where, i cant find my old back ofp addons disk.

Damn that sucks. Know of anyone else that has archived this data? Please keep on looking I want to play more campaigns.
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2009, 18:52:25 by Chris-PA- »

Walter_E_Kurtz

« Reply #14 on: 07 Apr 2009, 02:02:10 »
Download the BIS Camel from this link at GamePark (biscamelv1.zip  4.62 Mb).

That contains the BISCamel.pbo and readme, but not the SP / MP missions, without the annoying installer.

Offline Snake Man

• CWR
  • PMC since 1984
    • PMC Tactical
« Reply #15 on: 07 Apr 2009, 07:03:06 »
You'll find many campaigns in PMC Tactical, including the largest ever made for OFP.
PMC Tactical. ArmA, ArmA 2, ArmA 3, Falcon 4 and OFP.
http://www.pmctactical.org and http://pmc.editing.wiki
Snake Man, PMC.

Offline Chris-PA-

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 08 Apr 2009, 05:30:54 »
Thanks for that link Snake Man I will check it out. Also thank you for that BIS Camel.pbo file, I already installed the add-on but that should be helpful for people looking for it.

So any other suggestions guys?

Offline Chris-PA-

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 11 Apr 2009, 23:49:11 »
Come on guys keep the recommendations coming, I am still trying to build up a collection.

Offline bert

• Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 14 Apr 2009, 22:03:06 »
Retaliation: Peacekeeper

A very good campaign that follows the original story, but from a soviet perspective.
No addons required.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #19 on: 15 Apr 2009, 04:09:28 »
We actually have a couple of campaigns in our OFP missions beta thread that you may be able to help provide some feedback on if your willing of course. Imutep has 2 of them there...one is a WW2 type and the other is an Modern Afghan type, both have hefty addon downloads but seem to promising. Just a thought.

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #20 on: 26 May 2009, 15:34:58 »
Did you guys go through all that trouble just to get my old Blue Skies campaign working again? I'm impressed, and more than a little flattered. Sorry for bringning such an old post to life agin. I just couldn't resist my wish to say thank you for all the kind words: Thank you!
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline eegore

• Members
« Reply #21 on: 05 Jun 2009, 09:40:30 »

Ive always wanted to check out an OFP D-day invasion mission but never found a working link to one.  I've wanted to see a spawn and delete body script in play.

Same with any decent BH Down style ones.  I know they are popular but all the links I find are dead. 

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #22 on: 05 Jun 2009, 12:30:24 »
Ive always wanted to check out an OFP D-day invasion mission
but never found a working link

Yes that's like the old 7 days free websites for uploads, I hate it when that happens!

That's a tuffie, here has to be some out there, (someone will come along and give you a link) I don't or cant remember anyone with or has done a good mission on that. some campaigns might have parts of that, and I think they where years ago, I did a bit of a search, and nothing hit me that you might want. Someone should make a nice Omaha beach mission with a wwII  addon

Our Addon Staff might be able to help you. Or you could create a mission yourself!!!

Same with any decent BH Down style ones. While its hard to do, it realy happened and making a mission that lives up to that or the movie is hard.  
This here I haven't played yet but it scores a 8 by our reviewer. You've crashed behind enemy lines with a Chinook.
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2009, 12:42:18 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline eegore

• Members
« Reply #23 on: 06 Jun 2009, 14:36:28 »
  I'll check out that mission.  Man it sure is nice still getting help on a game this old.  

I had a issue with Blue Skies that took me a while to fix.  I had to add te Editor102 to the specific mod, it didnt carry over from the default Res folder like the other units did.

I looked in the ED for a delete body script but couldn't find one.  I'll play with some respawn ones though.
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2009, 15:24:52 by eegore »