Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Script help needed (dragging/medivac)  (Read 1441 times)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Script help needed (dragging/medivac)
« on: 18 Mar 2009, 05:37:24 »
Hi all, I have little experience with scripting but am still a newbie in it.

This mission I'm creating will need a very specific script and or scripts.

The mission is, the Royal troops of Sahrani are about to be surrounded by enemy SLA in their training camp and there are a few other soldiers protecting them.

So the battalion commander is sending in 2nd and 3rd platoon to evacuate all personnel and trainees in the camp.

My intent is.
I want to create in the mission for the other soldiers besides the player to be able to drag and move dead soldiers into their own vehicles.

the thing is if US soldiers start dying, the leader will request pickup and support to get his men out of there. The leaders intent is to get all soldiers out of the camp dead or alive if you know what I mean?

so what I would need to do is create something where friendly AI are able to pick up and drag their soldiers into friendly trucks to get them out of there.

Is this possible through ArmA?

Thanks..
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2009, 15:08:20 by Spooner »
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
Re: Script help needed
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2009, 14:10:29 »
You'll need a drag animation at least, and it would be very difficult to make. Why are they interested in dragging out dead bodies anyway?
How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2009, 14:28:36 »
just asking , why not use a cut scene to make it look like what you what to be achieved.
the thing is if US soldiers start dying, the leader will request pickup and support to get his men out of there. The leaders intent is to get all soldiers out of the camp dead or alive if you know what I mean?
work in it with the right commentary and it might prove a well done cut scene and achieve your objective of what you want,,, note : its the best way out of scripting such a thing!  ;)
cheers, schuler
Semper Fi

Offline Deadfast

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2009, 14:56:13 »
Of course it would be possible to script, but as other said you'd need the dragging animation ;)

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2009, 15:06:48 »
Why not just use ACE mod? That has a whole medical system in it (so you can be disabled but not dead) and has a system to allow you to drag disabled comrades and place them into recovery vehicles. Reasonably sure you can drag corpses too.

Alternatively, use one of the revive scripts which also allow you to drag unconscious comrades (without addons).

Please don't use non-specific thread titles like "help needed". Please use a title that gives some information, so that you will attract people who know how to help you or also want to know the answer. Most users of the forum don't read absolutely every post, so it is best to try to attract the people you most want to read the thread.
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2009, 15:10:15 by Spooner »
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: Script help needed (dragging/medivac)
« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2009, 22:07:51 »
for the other soldiers besides the player to be able to drag
i knew ACE had the drag script but it just sounded like he wants it on a larger scale
sorry guys editing is not my job, i just had an alternative suggestion  ;)
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2009, 22:14:22 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Re: Script help needed (dragging/medivac)
« Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2009, 22:18:42 »
hey good advice.. :)...well the animation thing sounds like it might work. The situation is there is this training camp out in southern sahrani and the democratic republic of northern sahrani is advancing it's forces to basically eliminate the whole training camp.

There are going to be 25+ US and independent soldiers on the battlefield and a lot of SLA.

Basically it's a rescue mission to evacuate the personnel of the training camp.
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!