Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Editor Help for a real Noob  (Read 1205 times)

Offline FADM Stern GNSF

• Members
Editor Help for a real Noob
« on: 17 Mar 2009, 22:28:15 »
Hello all;

I am new to Arma, and have been making a few missions. I am learning as I go, but seem to be stuck on some simple things, and after a week of forum reading, editor manual and posting on forums (ArmA and Armaholic) with no result.
I found your forum, and the tutorial blew me away, as it was far better than anything I have seen on ArmA, and helped clear up a lot of questions. I am still stuck on a few, namely ending a Multiplayer Game for a LOSS. I have a win set up, and if all objectives are complete, the game ends properly. When all players are dead, or time runs out, it WONT (All players are human [blufor] vs AI. Bluefor does NOT use any AI "players). Here is the triggers I used;

Win:

Trigger (Game Logic, repeatedly, type - "End #1")

Cond - OBJ_1 && OBJ_2
On Act - TimeEnd=time; publicVariable "TimeEnd"; [] exec "outro_win.sqs"

This works properly, plays the outro and quits to the stats screen.

Out of time:

Trigger (None, repeatedly, type - "End#2")

Cond - (param1<10000 and time >= param1)
On Act - TimeEnd=time; publicVariable "TimeEnd"; [] exec "outro_draw.sqs"

This DOES play the outro, but leaves the game in a black screen, never ending ?

Lose : (all Blufor players dead)

Trigger (Blufor not pressent, repeatedly, axis 500x500 [covers entire area], type-"End#3])

Cond - this
On Act - TimeEnd=time; publicVariable "TimeEnd"; [] exec "outro_lose.sqs"

Again, outro plays, but game never ends (also, if left long enough, outro for out of time will also play, showing game still running)

I have also tried !(alive Player_1) && .................. !(alive Player_x) where x is the last possible spot, but that doesnt work either.

I have tried multiple variations on the triggers, but seems that unless ALL objectives are done, the game refuses to end (although player[me] being killed gives me the default dead screen over the outro). I just cant seem to figure this out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as Im sure its a simple thing, im just to Noob to see it  :-(

Thank you all