Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: to invert an object?  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Domador

• Members
to invert an object?
« on: 12 Mar 2009, 05:22:31 »
Hi , first say congratulations for this forum will be so helpfull for the explorers on visitor3.

Well , Im making a island "ibiza"  :cool2: , im trying to build an specific place ... and i need a roof for that , so i want to invert a "floor object " to use it like a ceiling instead a floor..
I usually use the comand setvectorup [x,y,z] in the arma editor , but in visitor3 i can't find the way to do that.
my question is if it's possible to do, and if yes... how? of course  :D

thanks, and sorry for my bad english!

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
Re: to invert an object?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2009, 11:46:30 »
Hi Domador, welcome to the forums.
As for inverting an object in V3, I've seen and know of no way to do it.

Your only hope maybe with the 3DE editor. But I haven't really used it much to be sure its possible.

Offline Domador

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2009, 17:27:59 »
Ok ,then I shoud build a new object. don't know how to use 3d editor before export world and pbo it!
maybe you mean 3d studio?? , i was wondering if  maybe with a script or something... but if not i trust on you hehe
thanks again.

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2009, 14:09:49 »
No, 3DE, its a special editor for placing objects onto islands, and/or importing those objects into Visitor.
It may or may not be able to flip an object. Could always ask in their forums, of the 3DE thread in the BIS forums.
http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=1196

or as you suggested, make a new object :)

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2009, 16:26:48 »
It is possible to turn things upside down with 3DE. I've build a bunker once where I used floor tiles as ceilings (but abandoned the project because of the terrible light conditions inside).
try { return true; } finally { return false; }