Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Switch Triggers  (Read 1169 times)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Switch Triggers
« on: 01 Mar 2009, 20:12:56 »
Hi, this mission I'm doing I have two choppers. They are heading two different directions but to the same point.

On the choppers 2nd waypoint I have a syncronized trigger that is deteceted by west present of east.

And it's a switch type trigger. Then I have the 3rd waypoint of "move" they're all move waypoints.

So I have the 2nd waypoint triggered as switch detected by west.

So will that result in the choppers only going to that waypoint only if east is detected by west otherwise they

will by pass the 2nd waypoint and go to the third?

That's what I want .. The choppes to only go to the 2nd waypoint only if they detect the east being present. 

Thanks all.
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline Deadfast

• Members
Re: Switch Triggers
« Reply #1 on: 01 Mar 2009, 20:14:19 »
What do they do now?

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #2 on: 01 Mar 2009, 20:22:29 »
They will not continue past the synced waypoint if the trigger isn't activated.

EDIT:

Delete the second waypoint. Synchronize the third waypoint instead (where they would go with no trigger activation), then add a new waypoint after that, where they go to your wanted position (when trigger is activated).

The way switch triggers and synced waypoints work is that when the switch trigger (which is synced with waypoint) is activated, the group (heli in your case) will immediately move to the waypoint after the synced waypoint.     
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2009, 20:43:37 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #3 on: 01 Mar 2009, 21:31:06 »
ok you see the thing is, here's is my situation in the mission.

You the player has to move to a spot on a hill and wait for 2 enemy blackhawks coming in.   

Before the blackhawks come in, a couple of scout vehicles move down the road by you to see what's ahead before the helicopters, before their arrival.

But the thing is if the scout vehicles detect any enemy presence, the helicopters will not fly their original route, but they will get out at another location and board some vehicles then move to their last destination by vehicles.

So it's the players fault if they get detected by the scout vehicles.

See my situation?

Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!