Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Enemy vs Enemy  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Crowey

• Members
Enemy vs Enemy
« on: 27 Feb 2009, 23:15:59 »
Over the past couple of years I have aquired numerous differnet Opfor units, SLa, Taliban, Mercs etc.... Is there a way I could have more than 3 different factions who all dont get along ? ie A battle with 3 maybe 4 different groups of units all fighting against one another rather than just opfor vs blufor?

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Re: Enemy vs Enemy
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2009, 02:07:24 »
So you want 3 or 4 different types of units on the same side (enemy) to fight against each other?

I'm not sure, i know you can do it if you hit "resistance friendly to nobody" in the editor. But as for units on the same side, I'm not sure.

It may not be possible just in automatic mode for editing, you may have to do it manually meaning scripting.

But there might be a way.
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline Crowey

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2009, 11:22:54 »
Ye I thought of that putting one type of opfor in a group with a "resistance" who isnt there but that only works for one side... If any one knows of a simple script that can be put in the Init line of a group to make them an individual force Id apreciate it a lot...

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2009, 11:53:37 »
AFAIK there is no such thing. There IS one more side, sideEnemy, which is the side you're on when your rating drops below a certain points (=when you've killed X amounts of friendlies they start shooting you, or if you put their rating far into the negative using the addRating command). However, everyone hates everyone, including their own group members, when on sideEnemy, so although that's good for a DeathMatch-styled scenario, it's no good for group vs. group combat. :(

So no, I don't think you can really do this at the moment.  :dunno:

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2009, 12:24:23 »
You could group renegades: renegades have no friends except the members of their own groups.

Edit: I was wrong. The group members shoot each other.
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2009, 12:27:43 by Worldeater »
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2009, 12:41:18 »
Three different is the limit I reckon.

Example of how I would do it.

Let's say the player's group is West. That side is gonna be all friendly. Set resistance to friends with nobody so they'll shoot at East and West. Then of course you have the East.

To have west addons be on the east side simply create a high ranking east unit (With Rank) then put you group of west addon soldiers next to him. Group all of that group to the east unit so they are basically in his group. Make sure the rank of the leader of the west is at least one below the east guy. Now put deletevehicle this in the init of the east guy. When the mission starts he will diappear and the west guy will take charge. However the whole group will now be east.

You can do the same for all different sides.

Sorry if you knew this already
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline Crowey

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2009, 15:50:03 »
Cheers ye thought of that but thanks for your help fellas, ah well back to the drawing board eh, lol

Offline Rommel92

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 01 Mar 2009, 22:56:37 »
Perhaps if your doing a 1v1v1v1 type arrangement, throw each one under a different side group leader.

So the mercs under a US Officer (alive: false) so they become side 'West'.
So the Taliban under a RES Officer (alive: false) so they become side 'Resistance'.

etc

This still limits your sides to four, however.  :confused: