Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: OFPEC MOD  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Lollypop

• Members
  • Noob Alert
OFPEC MOD
« on: 05 Jun 2009, 20:17:09 »
hai all

i have a neat idea...
here at ofpec you have wonderful scripters that make very useful functions/scripts.

I made a mission with many of these scripts and the result is a very interactive environment-i put everything in it that i could find: hoz timer/graph, wolfrug armor/codepad, mando gun/air attack/takeoff, spon vbied/radar/rear view, norrins heal/revive, barrel explosion script, hot wire script and i still probably forgot some.

Now what im aiming at here is if you guys that know how to script would put all of this or more into a single mission template for easier use in next missions and/or editing starters. (not saying im not a starter  :P ..i had  help to integrate all of this)

It adds a lot to the sheer immersion a player gets while playing because everything is just so logical and where a player is accustomed to in real life or where he expects for them to be in a combat scenario/environment (ie a computer in a communication station will need some sort of access code before you can do anything with it)

examples:
-near a computer terminal you get action for radar view/when you download data a progress bar appears
-cars that are locked need to be hot-wired or you must obtain codes for the ignition
-when you shoot a barrel it goes off  :D
-when you are shot you can start first aid
-placing satchels on vehicles that can move after
-if there's a timed objective timer should appear

stuff like that...i could go on....i realise this is probably difficult and may not even be possible to put in a one single easy to use template.
Could also be a moot point now that Arma II is out, however i have yet to test the environment immersion in Arma II and dont know if stuff like this is already there coded by BIS. But if OFP and Arma are an indicator then probably not. I know about new gamelogic functions but i doubt they cover this all.

Thanks for the patience for reading this  :D

byez
« Last Edit: 05 Jun 2009, 20:22:19 by Lollypop »

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: OFPEC MOD
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2009, 01:53:29 »
Could also be a moot point now that Arma II is out
Neh play with it, people who have armaI and cant afford the pc spec that arma2 needs will all ways enjoy what you do ( create) plus it's a stepping stone just to author such a thing for youself. And remember there are guy that cant afford the pc's to run arma and enjoy ofp!
In a singing voice ..... lolly pop lolly pop oh lolly lolly, lolly pop..... lollypop ,,, and puker of the mouth (pop)
You can post it in beta testing whether of not it's a mission complete!
I would like to see what you have!
Cheers, schuler
Semper Fi

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2009, 06:03:10 »
Ditto, your mission sounds tantilizing to say the least. It would be great to see it in the beta boards soon. I doubt Arma will die out. OFP has not(but then OFP is a different seed altogether now isn't it)

Offline Lollypop

• Members
  • Noob Alert
« Reply #3 on: 06 Jun 2009, 20:33:18 »
Well the intention of this post wasnt selfpromotion  :-[...as far as posting "mission" goes..yeah sure i can post it..however i intended to just try to get some scripter fired up with the idea to make such a template-i cant make a single easy to use template, imean im sure most can make it better than me.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jun 2009, 03:16:12 »
they would probably make a team to work on it.
 i though maybe you where working on a little project. the idea is intuitive  :yes:
eyes are watching  ;)
Semper Fi

Offline lntdrakejackson

• Members
  • OFP/ArmA fan.
    • The Clan of Brothers website.
« Reply #5 on: 11 Aug 2009, 02:54:32 »
Really good idea about the mission, sounds really interesting... but I still dont get the idea of why name is OFPEC mod
-The man who joins the resistance for his country is courageous.
-The man who joins the army leaving his family behind feels the intention of serving his country.
-The man who joins the mercs have always a better reason than the interest. Celer, Silens, Mortalis. (fast, silent and mortal).

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #6 on: 11 Aug 2009, 13:46:14 »
...if you guys that know how to script would put all of this or more into a single mission template for easier use

I believe that the aforementioned mission template could qualify as a mod. But that's not what we do here at Ofpec. Sure, we have scripters that can (and will) produce all those scripts. We're just not going to compile them all into a single mod (unless I missed something when I overslept the last staff meeting). What we can do is this:

We will gladly help you to construct the mod, will all the components you can find and wish to include. All you have to do is the manual labour.

Just ask ;)
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!