Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: "BUMP" peoples post after being edited.  (Read 1848 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
"BUMP" peoples post after being edited.
« on: 14 Feb 2009, 00:02:30 »
Hi,

Thanks for a great website.

My only "complaint", not really because i love this site, rather "input" is this:

When you have edited your own post on the forum (which is often done because of the "non-double-posting function"), couldn't that post be updated as nr:1 in that section?

Often you are asking questions and have feedback or info on the stuff you were given, before anyone else is answering you again.

At the same time, people that you were in contact with regarding your post, will most likely just check if the posts has been "BUMPED" up in the forum, meaning: the way it is now, if you edit your post there is a big risk that your edited post will be "forgotten".

Thanks,

Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: "BUMP" peoples post after being edited.
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2009, 00:42:46 »
If you edit your post later the topic is still marked with the blue 'NEW' icon, so everyone knows it has new content.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2009, 01:00:35 »
Roger,

Is this the case even if the post is "old", meaning the post has been "around for a while"?

EDIT:

Sorry Mr Planck, I had not realized that before. No more questions.  :whistle:

Laggy
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2009, 20:43:59 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Trexian

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2009, 20:13:50 »
Also, unlike some other forums I frequent, you can edit the thread title to show the last update version/date. :)
Sic semper tyrannosauro.

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2009, 23:51:37 »
Roger,

Is this the case even if the post is "old", meaning the post has been "around for a while"?

If the post has fallen down the page or is otherwise unlikely to be noticed as new (it's "been around for a while") then you may indeed bump it to the top :)

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"