Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: anims for pics  (Read 1092 times)

Offline cosjacket

• Members
anims for pics
« on: 12 Feb 2009, 19:23:23 »
Yo peeps..whats the easy way to use the animations ie crouching down kneeling etc in game so I can take an action photograph..like seen on various website..or shot of the week..

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: anims for pics
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2009, 19:33:20 »
You have to create the scene, set it up like you want then you can use the camera.sqs trick to take the actual shot. -+ can slow the time down which is helpful for taking just the right shot.

see commands setunitpos for crouching.
Xbox Rocks

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2009, 05:50:28 »
With the various anim addons that I have found...ICP and that other that slips my mind(starts with an M); Both require you to place the unit where you need it...and then create a trigger with this in the OnActivation field...unit1 switchmove "animname" You can switch as many units as you desire with one trigger so long as you use the ; symbol. I think ICP requires also that you set the units behavior to safe or careless in the units init.

A good tip and one that I implement in all my scenes is the use of a trigger to control script activated explosions to create the backdrop in specific scenes where explosions are needed.
The great thing about screenshots, is that people do not need addons to view them, so the author is never restricted in his creativity and many unused or bugged addons can still be enjoyed that so many have worked so hard on.

And one more tip that so many folks fail to use in their pics and cutscenes is the setvectorup command. Yes, it is a very valuable command when creating precision scenes. With it you have the ability to set an object in virtually any position you desire. The syntax is object1 setvectorup [0,0,0]
The first parameter manipulates the objects rotation from West(-) to East(+)
The second parameter manipulates the objects rotation from North(+) to South(-)
The third parameter aids the first two with very small increments.
This command must always be the last command in the init when used with the setpos command otherwise it will not call.
Interactive vehicles do not work well with this command as they always tend to collide with other surfaces.
For example....to place an object level on any terrain grade use this...this setvectorup [0,0,0.1]
To flip an object onto it's top, use it this way...this setvectorup [0,0,-0.1]
Small increments do make a huge difference such as [0.0001,0,0] depending on the precision you desire.

Last thing...the setpos command will have to be used to adjust those anims with the guys jumping over walls.

Offline cosjacket

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2009, 22:28:16 »
cheers dudes many thanks for help..all sorted  xxxx :D