Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: cctv?  (Read 1062 times)

Offline danturn

• Members
cctv?
« on: 11 Feb 2009, 17:18:51 »
Is it possible to create an addaction on an object that will view an area like how cctv would?

I thought about using the camera.sqs tool, so when you "activate camera" on the addaction it would view where you want, but i don't no how to set where the camera.sqs spawns.

If for example the addaction activated a script named "camera1on.sqs" it will activate a camera in a fixed position that can still move around it's axis in all directions, and also zoom.

I just have no idea where to start!!

Offline Mr.Peanut

• Former Staff
  • urp!
Re: cctv?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2009, 20:33:43 »
This can be done, but it will take some work. You will need to read the old camera scripting tutorial for OFP, and this dialog tutorial for ArmA. You create a camera, and then use a dialog to control which direction the camera is facing and what the zoom level is.
urp!

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2009, 20:44:45 »
I've seen an surveillance camera addon once, but I can't remember where.  ???
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2009, 20:57:24 »
It can all be done with scripting. No addons needed. Norrins revive script is a good example of how its done. Basically cameras are setup at desired locations and then you need a dialog/action to load the camera view. Once you got that down you can easily add options for flipping through the cams, sort of like if you were at a console.
Xbox Rocks