Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP/COOP/ADDON-FREE] 1-10 No Mans Land v0.999 (Please Review)  (Read 7590 times)

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Mission "1-10 No Mans Land" by Laggy.

Public 0.999 Beta version, should be final.

Unless some bug shows up or serious improvement suggestions, I concider this mission being ready for review.

Description: During a status quo situation your mission is to infiltrate no mans land in Corazol, save a POW and steal some important intel files. As support you have a RAC armored infantry squad and the option to call in artillery.

ArmA version: 1.14

Needed Addons: None.

Known bugs: None.

NOTE: This mission has been tested several times in MP, but feedback would really be appreciated since it might need some improvements.

JIP not concidered in editing.

Thanks to: All of you at the OFPEC forum.

Credits: Hoz for serious feedback.

Important changes in:

Version 0.999

Objectives fail if all are killed.

Version 0.99

Fixed mission file name and added version number.
Minor stuff that no one will probably notice.

Version 0.95

-Added Kegetys Spectating script.
-Wider weapon selection in briefing.
-OPFOR guards in no mans land now fire flares if the situation calls for it.
-OPFOR helicopter addition might make your life a little bit harder.
-Civilians SHOULD no longer wander around in no mans land.
-Third objective "fall back" added.
-Typo stuff.
-Starting position.
-Markers.

Missiontype: Multiplayer COOP, but SP is possible.
Players: 1-10
Mission Time: Around 30 min
Island: Sahrani
Mission Version: 0.999 Beta, should be final
Intro: Yes (short in the beginning of the mission)
Parameters: Yes (Intro and Daytime)
Time: Varies
Weather: Varies

Missionwork: I wanted to create an intense, actionpacked mission with a lot of choice regarding player tactics. The mission is quite free, which should make it fun to re-play lots of times. If you don't work as a team, your chances are small. You'll experience atmosphere, intense action, custom sounds, custom scripts, re-playability, and variation.

Hope you enjoy it. My wish is that I've created a fun mission.

Laggy

« Last Edit: 16 May 2009, 09:30:11 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [SP/COOP/ADDON-FREE] 1-10 No Mans Land
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2009, 21:42:30 »
Great, we'll give it a go over the next couple of days.

edit:

I gave this one a quick go last night just by myself. This is just a quick report, I expect we'll be playing with a few more players this evening.

The intro is pretty good. Its building up a bit suspense as you begin. In the beginning intro you have a typo noone and it should be no one.

The weaponspool contains a small selection of weapons and you provide fully loaded ammo boxes as soon as you begin. Probably best to fill up the weapons selection since most players will get loaded up there any how.

Had a tough time getting into the compound with the tanks roaming around by myself. So far its off to a great start.

I attached a pic of the beginning of the mission you can see my comrades are stuck, running into each other... until we get moving then they fan out. Perhaps they are placed a bit close to one another

Hoz

edit:

Tonight we played with 3 players had a real tough time getting past the first checkpoint. The tank and BMP seem to get all buggered up moving around that first valley. Also the UAZ with the machine gun seems to spend most of its time stuck at the barb wire often dead right away. We gave up after 3 tries, not because we didn't like it but we were just running low on time. Hope to play it more over the weekend.

« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2009, 06:09:51 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [SP/COOP/ADDON-FREE] 1-10 No Mans Land (BETA)
« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2009, 04:45:43 »
Briefing

Could use a pic. The objectives are pretty low on the list if you want to add a third or a hidden objective it will bleed out on to page 2.

Mission
The starting position seemed a bit weird. The first couple of times we played we went north to the closest CP. We should of actually went east according to the instructions. You may want to move the starting point just south at the t in the road and starting under the bridge really confuses you hehe. Perhaps turning the vehicles pointing the other way would make more sense.

We killed the pow and got the message mission failed however the mission didn't end.

After a few run through we thought it was pretty good. But we still haven't beat it yet.

When playing with dawn. The ai all have their NV on even when its pretty daylight.

Noticed all players have the radio. Is this intended that all units can call in support? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to just have the leader with the calls?

Played it 5 or 6 times and could only get near the hotel with 2 players. Its pretty tough.

Best thing I think you could add is the spectating.
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2009, 05:45:12 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #3 on: 26 Jan 2009, 18:14:05 »
Much obliged for your comments Hoz,

Same question as in 1-5 One Shot One Kill... Is it too hard?

Did you try "blowing" yourself through the fences with satchel charges?

Starting point and "packed" formation will be changed to make more sense.

My opinion (which might differ from others) is that I generally don't like when missions end if you fail the mission. In real life you would still have to make it back home. I can change it to just a hint or something saying POW killed but no mission failed.

Regarding the radio commands I think it's a good idea to have it available for everyone. Leading AI in this intense mission demands a lot of attention. With the current solution someone else can be responsible for the calling of artillery and RACs. You are after all Special Forces, not grunts.

The NV goggles + dawn thing will be looked into.

Spectating script will also be added.

All this in next release, Thanks again,

Laggy
« Last Edit: 26 Jan 2009, 18:27:10 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 26 Jan 2009, 18:34:39 »
My opinion (which might differ from others) is that I generally don't like when missions end if you fail the mission. In real life you would still have to make it back home. I can change it to just a hint or something saying POW killed but no mission failed.

I agree also with this. Perhaps both objectives should be marked incomplete and a new objective to evacuate.
We did blow a hole in the fence. we did quite well when we both stole some uaz's. The east doesn't seem to want to target you sometimes when you take off on on of thier jeeps. One thing that did happen was thier were some civies picking up guns from east soldiers and shooting us. I think this is becuase of some addon we had running.

I don't think this is mission is too hard after a few attempts and as long as you stick to the path (east first then head west again) if you head north from the starting position its nearly impossible.  :whistle:
Xbox Rocks

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #5 on: 26 Jan 2009, 18:41:56 »
 :D

Cool effect with the civs, wish I was behind that, but sadly no (to my knowledge anyway).

Laggy

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #6 on: 02 Feb 2009, 07:36:02 »
Besides the typo in the intro that Hoz made I didnt notice anything else.

Gameplay:
I find this mission kind of blah. I don't see the Laggy-"NESS" in it. With no man's land you can walk around the enemy without them engaging you. That is something I have not seen in many missions. I did this in one of my missions called Hostage Rescue. Things like this add the "NESS" I am talking about lol...

Maybe add some artillery in the no man's land. Just two or three shells in the same general location so crossing it will be hard but do-able.

Also, add Norrin's revive. If you want it to be realistic have medics be the only units that can revive.
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #7 on: 02 Feb 2009, 20:00:19 »
Hi Ironman and thanks for the feedback,

I'm surprised that you experienced being able to walk around without the enemy engaging you.
When I played this with my friends I found the mission to be extremely hard and intense.

There is NO setCaptive stuff going on, so I just don't understand that at all.

One thing I have noticed with ArmA is that the AI has really poor vision/perception at night, even with NVgoggles.

Did you have any addons loaded that could have screwed things up?

Laggy

Offline Ironman

• Former Staff
    • {GSF} Home Page
« Reply #8 on: 03 Feb 2009, 00:17:18 »
I am an idiot I didnt mean to say with No Man's land... I meant to say with One shot One kill.
TS3 IP: tor.zebgames.com:9992

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #9 on: 28 Feb 2009, 19:44:43 »
Mission updated.

Hope you try and enjoy  :D

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #10 on: 24 Mar 2009, 21:01:04 »
Mission updated.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [SP/COOP/ADDON-FREE] 1-10 No Mans Land v099 (BETA)
« Reply #11 on: 30 Apr 2009, 05:49:44 »
Had a chance to give this one a go tonight.

The acog in the briefing weaponspool doesn't auto load its ammo, likely a ammo order issues.
In mission failure, the objectives should be set to failed.

Really enjoy this mission, the intro is just what I would expect(simple and informative) you've choosen excellent music to accompany it. Played 2 guys almost 45 mins before we were terminated. One thing thats interesting is were running an addon which allows the unit to pick up weapons and ammo, and the civies pick these up off the dead soldiers. If you shoot a civi then they all turn on ya and you have to be constantly keeping an eye for these guys :)

Xbox Rocks

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: [SP/COOP/ADDON-FREE] 1-10 No Mans Land v0999 (BETA)
« Reply #12 on: 13 May 2009, 18:18:55 »
Mission updated, should be final.

Laggy

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [SP/COOP/ADDON-FREE] 1-10 No Mans Land v0.999 (Please Review)
« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2009, 04:14:15 »
Couple of things we noticed with .999

The bmp is often found upside down, not always but often.
The helo on the east side seems to run out of fuel and then crashes.

Xbox Rocks

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
Re: [SP/COOP/ADDON-FREE] 1-10 No Mans Land v0.999 (Please Review)
« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2009, 17:55:31 »
Weird, must be engine "bugs", because I've done nothing special with those. Just WPs and no scripts.
Will look it up anyway.

Thanks,

Laggy