Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom selections and the dammaged eventhandler  (Read 1610 times)

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Custom selections and the dammaged eventhandler
« on: 11 Jan 2009, 15:19:11 »
Umm, I'm not at all sure where exactly I should post this  :whistle:

Is it possible to get the dammaged event to 'see' custom selections being hit on a model?

It seems it only reports the default ones (like for example "pas_L" on a tank) but if I add a custom selection it is not reported by the event..

Just wondering whether there is something I should do in the model, or should I do something in the config, or is this just not possible..  :scratch:
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline kju

• Members
    • PvPScene - The ArmA II multiplayer community
Re: Custom selections and the dammaged eventhandler
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jan 2009, 21:47:03 »
i think its not possible, yet dont take this for granted.  :confused:

Offline Sparky

• Former Staff
    • Hellenic Warfare Mod
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2009, 23:05:23 »
dammaged event handlers are related to the "hit points" LOD and class hit inside the config, but even though if you do everything OK still ArmA won't recognize them, somehow ArmA has bind dammag and the appropriate EH with the simulation type, so if you have a TANK dammage EH will be triggered by the appropriate class names, of the class Tank and its children.
You can trick though somehow the engine by assigning a different class name for something else, as an example i take our huey, in which we have put the Hit class for missiles, but instead for missiles (since huey's don't have missiles) we put the flap in it, everything works fine then.

So we are alwasy limited by the hit class of the specific type of vehicle (i hope/wish) in ArmA 2 they will expand them a bit more.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2009, 17:56:08 »
Yup, discovered myself that if I for example put my custom selection instead of the pas_L in the config it gets recognised by the EH..

Too bad, could have had some uses..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.