Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Stick em up!  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Crowey

• Members
Stick em up!
« on: 21 Dec 2008, 21:45:12 »
Hi guys back again after  a long ARMA free break and need some background activity for a mission im making...
What im looking for is to have Republic soldiers aiming their weapons at static civvys, and the civvys with their hands on their heads or laying on the ground in a submissive manner? any ideas? Please keep simple for me am rusty

Offline Zipper5

• BIS Team
Re: Stick em up!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2008, 22:36:43 »
Hey Crowey, it's me Zipper from 22SAS. :D

Anyways, there's a simple solution to this. To get the civilians to stick their hands on their head, use this code in a trigger with a condition of true, a waypoint or a script:
Code: [Select]
unitname switchMove "TestSurrender"That will put the civilians hands behind their head.

To make a soldier stand their aiming at him, obviously you first need to place him in front and facing the civilian. Now put the following in his init line:
this disableAI "ANIM"To make him move again, simply use this in a trigger, waypoint or script:
unitname enableAI "ANIM"
Hope that helps.

Offline Crowey

• Members
Re: Stick em up!
« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2008, 10:55:06 »
Cheers pal good to hear from ya! crowey22sas@hotmail.co.uk is my email drop me a line and let me know who ya gaming with nowadays? And how do i stop them from putting hands on head? the reason being i want them to join blufor group via a trigger next to them which works but because their hands on their heads they wont move once in group? lol
« Last Edit: 22 Dec 2008, 17:10:23 by Crowey »