Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [MP.COOP] Desperate Living  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Alan34

• Members
  • Praise the Lord and pass the Carl Gustav
    • Red Devils
[MP.COOP] Desperate Living
« on: 28 Nov 2008, 19:01:37 »
Title: Desperate Living
Author: Cap`N`Crunch
Mission Version: Beta 5 (This is a NEW attachment with several changes based on feedback, original version posted was BETA 3). Readme has details.
Download:
    see attachment.
Story:
Fight a delaying action to help civilians escape.

Gametype: COOP
# of players: 7
Required Game/Patch: ArmA 1.14
Addons:  NONE

« Last Edit: 07 Mar 2009, 03:20:50 by Alan34 »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: [MP.COOP] Desperate Living
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2008, 05:06:17 »
Package

Read me, pic both included. Good job, you could consider cropping out the green text and perhaps a border around image.

Holy options batman. All those options are mind boggling. ... actually after playing a few times its not that bad once you figure them out. maybe too many time of day options..

briefing

Theres no picture in the briefing, you should add one. :)

The name at the top of the briefing kinda sucks its using the mission file name I think. SHould have the proper name.

Weapons pool, i love that. but we start out with a east rocket launcher.

Holy options batman. All those options are mind boggling. ... actually after playing a few times its not that bad once you figure them out. maybe too many time of day options..

Mission

There was a west chopper come in and sometimes even land and the pilots get out and run around. There is nothing in the briefing really to tell you what this chopper is up to. So  it confused us a bit. :)

Very good use of the difficulty settings, when you flip from low to high enemy you can really notice the improvement. This is really cool and helps with re playability.

The ammo boxes have no g36 ammo but you provide it in the weapons pool, you should provide ammo for all types in the weapons boxes.  It would be nice if there were rocket ammo up top on that bunker. 

The first of objective seem to lag on for us. It seemed like the last wave of guys to come were really slow,  made for a bit of a dull wait.
The second objective finally cleared for us even though the town seemed safe. We checked everywhere and it was kinda boring. A real low point.

Once you get to the 3rd objective, the east units don't seem to wake up in time. moving the units closer down the beach, to protect the boat might be a better idea since they would be well hidden until you were right on top of them.

The boat is too far from the water. We had a lot of trouble getting off into the water. We actually pushed it into the water with a commandeered uaz.

The drive to submarine is a bit long, good chance to add a cut scene and end it by panning around the boat.

A JIP client doesn't end the mission properly when completed.

Each machine crashed at least once during this mission. Not sure what was causing that I didn't see anything in the rpt file.

Overall its a pretty good mission, we haven't finished it yet on the higher difficulty settings but  if you added some custom voices radio chatter and perhaps a short intro/outro this could be a top notch mission, its just missing some atmosphere.

« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2008, 06:05:30 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline Alan34

• Members
    • Red Devils
« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2008, 21:47:48 »
(Nov. 30th) Ok, a new version (Beta 4) is posted with several changes, please try it out! 

Thanks

Cap`N`Crunch
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2008, 23:30:51 by Alan34 »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 01 Dec 2008, 05:09:31 »
The first objective plays better and more difficult on the low enemy setting, objective completes in a reasonable manner.

The second objective is still taking a long time to resolve. Waited like 5 mins then boom it was completed for no reason so I suspect an east guy finally ran outside the trigger.

For good examples of intros check out sharkattacks Situation Critical for a super example of what you can really do, or check sharkattacks Silva mission for simple non intrusive intro type where he uses a resource iwth some voices.

Also you should really consider using a spectating script. Ending the mission with the seagul sucks and there are plenty of good alternatives.

We also had one player crash again. so i'm not sure what causing that but it must be the way your using some scripting commands. also I unpboed the mission and saw your using the bas-f frame work, make sure your using the latest version, ofpecs might not be up to date.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Alan34

• Members
    • Red Devils
« Reply #4 on: 03 Dec 2008, 21:05:33 »
Thanks for testing:)   There is a major bug regarding the second objective.   It should play with you entering an empty town, enemy inf and armor come in, and you are later ordered to escape by sea, you do not have to clear the area for this to happen.    Works fine when I play myself but obviously not working in MP.   I want to fix this issue next and will then address other things you commented on.   Again, many thanks.

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 03 Dec 2008, 22:22:40 »
The biggest issue is the crashing. You really need to fix this  >:(   
Do you get the crashes? Are you playing on a dedicated server?
Xbox Rocks

Offline Alan34

• Members
    • Red Devils
« Reply #6 on: 05 Dec 2008, 16:31:06 »
Has not crashed once for me but I'm mostly playing alone.  Not using dedicated server.  I will look into version of bas-f frame work.   BTW, intros and such are something I make after bugs are worked out because my vision for the mission can evolve over time and an intro made earlier may not make since later.   Again, thanks for testing.  I will look over all code for problems.

Cap`N`Crunch

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 08 Jan 2009, 20:13:45 »
Any updates? This seemed like a promising mission.  :whistle:
Xbox Rocks

Offline Alan34

• Members
    • Red Devils
« Reply #8 on: 07 Mar 2009, 03:23:09 »
I have uploaded Beta 5.  Several changes in the mission.   I did try on a dedicated server (on same machine) and got no crashes.   Second objective "should" work this time, it's been troublesome.   Thanks for testing.

Cap`N`Crunch

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 11 Mar 2009, 04:49:30 »
Gave it a bit of a go tonite. No crashing so far and it looks like you beefed up the first part.
Xbox Rocks