Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Night Stalkers  (Read 10755 times)

Offline schaefsky

• Members
Re: [SP] Night Stalkers
« Reply #15 on: 23 Feb 2009, 14:18:30 »
Oh one thing I noticed was the objective to clear the air field didin't click done, my forces were standing there for awhile
Hmm, did change waypoints there to "HOLD" IIRC, they will advance on radio message. Objective should tick of without radio message, though. Will have to check, thanks.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #16 on: 23 Feb 2009, 15:39:57 »
Okay, just gave this new version a go and I could tell immediately that you've been busy with it. Thanks for the improvements so far. The markers were great, the links all worked, weapons selection during briefing was awesome, Intro was good, savegames fantastic, I noticed you added some defenses on the hill's overwatch of the coast...cool, I love the hidden enemy in the tents and behind the choppers. The town was more difficult this time but I think the only problem now is that the guys you are placing on the roofs of the buildings are going prone which is causing the ai to no pick them up which is why NightJay004 could not end his last objective. I tossed a few grenades upon the rooftops and all was good to go. I would either remove them, make a way to search the rooftops or setunitpos "up" them to prevent them from going prone. If you have a unit alive still you can see them in the command view but if your alone, you no longer have that view. Once you get that little snag worked out, I think you'll be ready for a review and public release. Looks great! :good:

Also for eye candy sake....change the waypoint of those incoming choppers to "Land" so that they actually land. (just a thought)
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2009, 15:42:19 by savedbygrace »

Offline schaefsky

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 24 Feb 2009, 14:12:42 »
Thanks. Would like to put review on hold until I looked into the issues you reported.
I would post again until the end of the week, probably with an updated version.
Then a review and release would be much appreciated.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #18 on: 26 Feb 2009, 21:53:41 »
ok thanks a lot. I have your review already done pretty much, just waiting on you to finish your changes to the issues we added before.

Just give me the word and I'll have that review posted.  :good:

At Best,
NightJay
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline schaefsky

• Members
Re: [SP] Night Stalkers (Review On Hold)
« Reply #19 on: 02 Mar 2009, 19:51:37 »
Mission updated. Ready to review.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
Re: [SP] Night Stalkers (Review in-progress)
« Reply #20 on: 03 Mar 2009, 02:04:29 »
review in progress, already looked at new changes..waiting to publish review, look in the next day or two here. If i get timely replies.  :)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
Re: (Review Completed) [SP] Night Stalkers
« Reply #21 on: 12 Mar 2009, 21:52:09 »
Review Completed

This topic is open for after-review discussion. Have any spectacular stories? Feel free to share them!

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #22 on: 13 Mar 2009, 06:53:58 »
Hi guys,

Congrats on the 7 score my man.  Wanted to try the mission but the zip file downloaded from the mission review only contains a link--not a mission .pbo file.  This needs to be fixed before the public can play this!

:)
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline schaefsky

• Members
« Reply #23 on: 13 Mar 2009, 21:26:09 »
Hello and thanks again for all your feedback! Special thanks to NightJay0044 for reviewing the mission!
I just updated the first post with a working attachment, the OFPEC Mission Depot link is as of now not working, though.
Oh yeah, now it is in a v1.0 status (whatever that means), maybe someone would be interested in working on the deficiencies mentioned in the review? Mainly sound and camera scripting, but maybe also some further gameplay improvements?
See you here or in the next thread I will open in the beta testing section in the not to distant future (I hope)  ;)
Maybe I even get to play and test some of the other missions submitted here, does anyone know a good and cheap place to buy some time? Would be much appreciated!
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2009, 21:29:44 by schaefsky »

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #24 on: 13 Mar 2009, 23:41:50 »
See you here or in the next thread I will open in the beta testing section in the not to distant future (I hope)
hey, make it happen,, good mission mate congrades and thanks  ;), schuler
Semper Fi

Offline schaefsky

• Members
« Reply #25 on: 14 Mar 2009, 21:31:05 »
Huge thanks again to you all! Has been great support over here!
What would you guys like next? The follow up to the first mission or either a simple ACE-Mod attack-the-town mission or a simple A-10 strike mission (ACE compatible and lots of more fun with the improved tracers)?

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #26 on: 23 Mar 2009, 03:32:37 »
Hey your welcome, schaefsky.  I believe the link is fixed now in the mission depot. head over and check it out. I think it is since nobody has said anything and I have tested it out before.

Yeah the A10 strike mission sounds good. Although I don't have much experience in ArmA flying..hmm I might crash into things, before completing the mission.  :dunno:...