Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: jump tower request  (Read 1317 times)

Offline thedog

• Members
jump tower request
« on: 19 Oct 2008, 08:09:06 »
hey guys, probably in the wrong board again... but my "unit" is trying to put together an airborne school course, so far so good. what we still need is a 250 foot tower for practice jumps. i know your thinking omg just setpos a chopper at 250 feet and eject, but no its not that simple. we are a realism unit and we would like to simulate that as much as possible. i wanted to request for somebody to make a jump tower. no need for nothing fancy, wouldnt mind just having a high tower with a platform on top and a ladder... heres a few things it should be capable of doing

when you reach the top, it should have a platform with 4 "plank" type things going North, East, South, and West. the player would have to be able to walk towards the edge and get the option to "get in", once he is in, he should be sitting at the edge of the "plank" ( for example the MH6 sitting position, but really any would be good), the player then should have the option to eject and it should pull his parachute. ( the planks would have to register as an airborne unit so the  chute opens right? ). we are using steerable parachutes for this so its not just a fall. there is a viewtower that looks like a jump tower, its the red and white one. maybe its possible to extend that tower to 250 feet and add 4 planks?

i would be very thankfull for any reply
dog

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: jump tower request
« Reply #1 on: 10 Nov 2008, 15:18:02 »
Just in the case that no one is interested in building this object, you could build your own tower by setposing towers on top of one another and placing transition platforms between each.