Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: UPDATE new mpdedicated fastrope beta 20-12-08  (Read 10501 times)

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: UPDATE new mpdedicated fastrope beta 17-10-08
« Reply #15 on: 21 Oct 2008, 10:03:05 »
First of all, we can't claim any kind of exclusivity, feel completely free to seek feedback anywhere else too :)

Second, here's a new batch of bugs for you to consider (some may be old, some may be new?):

Fixed:
- No longer possible to fastrope at high speeds and altitudes and survive.  :good:
- Actions named properly.

Bugs:
- Pressing "lose ropes" actually only removes the visual aspect of fast roping - you can still press "fast rope" and it'll work without problems ;)
- If you are below 10 meters height, the fastropers will oddly enough spawn ABOVE the helicopter and then fall down! I believe this point is roughly at 10 meters. Using something like the boundingbox command or just plain ol' modeltoworld you should be quite able to find out where the "sides" of the helicopter is and begin the animation from there. Didn't seem to be problematic with heights above 10 meters though (they properly spawned and fell to their deaths ;))
- Fastropers still somewhat attached to the helicopter, but at least they seem to be going down even if the chopper isn't level. Not sure about this?
- Something looks iffy with the new animation used for fastroping - the hands look a little...off. I'll try to take a picture later, when my ArmA isn't being a bitch.
- Rope still swings wildly - maybe at this point a very tiny animation and a mostly "straight" rope would still be the best?

Looking good though! Can still fastrope on top of buildings and the like, and when used as one is supposed to (at 10m height, level helicopter, almost no speed) the people make it to the ground alive - which is the most important part. Good job, and keep it up!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
  • SirDeanosbeano bstowed on me by sui ;)
    • Fraghaus
Re: UPDATE new mpdedicated fastrope beta 17-10-08
« Reply #16 on: 21 Oct 2008, 22:06:19 »
 Thanks for another impressive report mate,
 Although i have already touched on some of the points in my las post , i think what i will do is , make the helo saty at a certain height by force and fix the animation and exit all scripts if the pilot has not executed the fast rope script, i will also remove the action to set ropes and make this auto once pilot has actioned fast rope.

the greatest thing holding all this back is the fact that i cannot get an animation to save from o2 without it screwing up, i hear a rumour that in next 10 days there maybe a gift from a god though concerning maya and - o2 anims .

until then i place this project on hold , although this is not abd news as yesterday i was helping geloxo fix his version (the model p3d erros only) hopefully he will now fix his scripts and there will be a fast rope addon sooner than this one .

thanks and if anyone want to adpapt improve this in the mean time pls just go ahead and let me know here or via pm .

thanks
 DB

I love ofp

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
    • Fraghaus
Re: UPDATE new mpdedicated fastrope beta 25-10-08
« Reply #17 on: 25 Oct 2008, 15:46:32 »
 Apologies for the bump ,
  There is a new model and description of a new download that is included at the bottom of the first post, this is now getting very near final.

thanks for feedback .

DB
I love ofp

Offline DeanosBeano

• Addons Depot Staff
    • Fraghaus
Re: UPDATE new mpdedicated fastrope beta 20-12-08
« Reply #18 on: 21 Dec 2008, 15:03:18 »
 Hi all,
     Due to some conversations in Lokis teamspeak , i became aware that this last update had some major flaws,
 i have found time to correct them and update the downlaod on the first post.
  i am told all is well now , however i cannot make final without good feedback , so i guess it is now upto the end user to dictate how polished this addon will become.

ty

DB
I love ofp

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: UPDATE new mpdedicated fastrope beta 20-12-08
« Reply #19 on: 29 Dec 2008, 11:27:19 »
Hey there!

Sorry for the christmas holidays being busy, not too much time doing much except, well, eating chocolate  :cool2:

Anyway, I tested this out, and it seems to be working quite nicely! Only a few minor niggles left:

The strings need to be properly capitalized (Set Rope, Fast Rope etc.) -> just check it through once; make sure at least the first word is capitalized :) Same thing goes for the text hints when you're flying too fast/too high -> capitalize and punctuate! Here's just an idea of what it could say:

"too high drop to at least 11"

-> "Too high; maximum altitude is 11 meters"

"you are traveling to fast <25"

-> "Too fast; max speed 25 km/h"

Or somesuch :)

And finally: it's still possible to fastrope while going -backwards- (negative speed) over 25 km/h! I really don't know how you can check against this, although frankly everyone fastroping then just tends to die...maybe ask Spooner or some other math wiz for help in how to use the velocity command instead of speed to determine the actual air speed in -any- direction?  :dunno:

Looks good otherwise! The animation is nice looking!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"