Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Any more custom animation addon?  (Read 1560 times)

Offline X75TIGER75X

• Members
Any more custom animation addon?
« on: 07 Oct 2008, 22:35:49 »
I tried to find cool custom and non-Static animations on Armaholic.com Only I found is TCP and it has only 4 animations. I need pack that comes many different types of good animations because ArmA's stock animations is too few. There's only 4 Talk animations, 2 of them sucked.

Can anyone provide a links to good animation packs?

Thanks!
X75TIGER75X

Offline X75TIGER75X

• Members
Re: Any more custom animation addon?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2008, 06:08:32 »
Um.....

Bump?
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2008, 11:06:01 by bedges »

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2008, 09:46:55 »
Hi there.

I don't think there are any animation packs that aren't static, sadly, so you won't really be finding any better "talk" animations and so on. There are some extra animations - such as a zombie shuffle and a "step over obstacle" animation somewhere, but those are pretty specific and not very useful for things such as talking :)

I think you can use the disableAI "anim" command to freeze someone in a certain animation, if you think that frame is better than all the others (i.e., someone standing with their hands behind their back or their hands resting on top of their rifles etc.). But don't quote me on that ;)

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline X75TIGER75X

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2008, 02:36:15 »
Aw that sucked.  >:(

I wonder if there's WIP on that or Nobody is making that?

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2008, 14:53:30 »
The moving animations that -have- been made have, I think, actually been made in the same way as the original animations - i.e., in a studio. They're all motion captured, which is both a blessing and a curse - a blessing because they're smooth and fluid and lifelike (obviously), a curse because, well, if there's a missing animation it's not very easy to make a new one or to fix the old one, or in the very least make them look good. I do believe it's possible to make new animations in O2, but it's something that takes a lot of time and effort.

Also this isn't really the right forum to discuss this, so I'll just move it to the general Addon's board instead :)

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"