Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: From questions to questions of OPFEC editing  (Read 4252 times)

Offline Max_Plans027

• Members
  • Max Plans
    • Max Plans 027
From questions to questions of OPFEC editing
« on: 06 Oct 2008, 04:35:09 »
Hello.My name is Max

please ask for  :clap::
-how can do for a soldiers can sit on the chair.
-can you tell me know how to do alarm when i have a fire.
-how to do for the unit have two group and go two way.

Thanks  :D

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: From questions to questions of OPFEC editing
« Reply #1 on: 08 Oct 2008, 14:44:51 »
Place a chairX and use switchMove command to sit the unit down.
Code: [Select]
unit switchMove "OnChair"
Put a trigger there, in the condition put inflame yourFire and in the effects set the alarm sound.

I dont understand the third point.

Offline Max_Plans027

• Members
  • Max Plans
    • Max Plans 027
« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2008, 07:20:45 »
Thanks, but can tell me know how to do a soldiers have action "seriously" :confused:
and how can do "1 pair separation into two groups" :o
 * a soldier have action "put had on head"  ???

in the command ["_x moveindriver jeep" foreach units group this] how can i change it to have a leader drive and soldiers is in back?  :D

[Put a trigger there, in the condition put inflame yourFire and in the effects set the alarm sound.]
can you give me a EX. i put in the condition:"inflame yourFire" ,but it doesnt work.
« Last Edit: 10 Oct 2008, 07:27:16 by Max_Plans027 »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 10 Oct 2008, 09:20:45 »
yourFire is the name of your fire object.

"if (_x == leader group this) then {_x moveInDriver jeep} else {_x moveInCargo jeep}" forEach units group this

Offline Max_Plans027

• Members
  • Max Plans
    • Max Plans 027
« Reply #4 on: 11 Oct 2008, 02:32:42 »
 ??? i dont know why i can, but i try put in that:
inflame yourFire
inflame m16
inflame "m16"
 :dunno:
but cant i think you should give me a EX

Offline eegore

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2008, 08:27:51 »

Max_Plans,

When you ask about an Alarm when you have a Fire, do you mean a:

Fire as in a burning pile of wood

or

Fire as in firing a gun?  Like the M16?   

I ask since you used "M16" as an example.

If you want a campfire then put:   this inflame true   inside the Initialization of a campfire.  You can also put inside a Trigger the campfire name on the Activation line: campfirename inflame true 

inflame true    will light certain objects on fire.  inflame false   will stop the fire. 

If you want an alarm to sound because someone fires a gun you would need to use a Detected By trigger.  When East detects West (by a West guy firing a gun or being seen by East) then the alarm goes off. 

Also what is your native language? Maybe someone on the boards can clarify easier if they can translate certain terms.

Offline Max_Plans027

• Members
  • Max Plans
    • Max Plans 027
« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2008, 14:03:53 »
i want a larm when i fire m16 but i dont know how to do  :dunno:
Oh, in a mission: R03UnderHill i see it have fires same bomb anywhere it so nice can you tell me how can do

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 12 Oct 2008, 23:51:31 »
Use a "Fired" event handler added to the player, when weapon used is M16, then set a global var that triggers the trigger with the alarm sound effect.

Offline Max_Plans027

• Members
  • Max Plans
    • Max Plans 027
« Reply #8 on: 29 Oct 2008, 08:44:58 »
can you give me all list with command
soldierone swichmove "....."
EX:
ap swichmove "onchair"
 ;)

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #9 on: 29 Oct 2008, 08:52:37 »
There is a complete list available for download in the Editors Depot. All you need to do is look for it.

Offline Max_Plans027

• Members
  • Max Plans
    • Max Plans 027
« Reply #10 on: 02 Nov 2008, 04:49:45 »
Can you help me about these:

1)I Want to have a sound alarm when:
I fire and kill a soldier (Gun Shot)
When have an soldier see me

2)I want to do a mission is that has:
The leader command me to put mines at road
A man (Civilian) try to run away from the emy camp and the emy soldier kill him
The air fly top for the soldier in it jump out

Help!!!!  :D :D

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #11 on: 07 Nov 2008, 15:52:30 »
Hmmm, If I understand correctly, your first question was already answered?
1)If not, just place a big enough trigger to cover the area that you would like to have effected by the alarm and set it side detected by side depending on which side you want to activate the trigger. And set it to repeatedly. In the effects tab of the trigger you will have to find the sound that plays the alarm

2)I think you will have to add an objective which orders the player to set mines out on the road and use a marker to identify where(if you choose).
Or you could add a custom sound file where the unit speaks to the player directly and orders him to perform the task and add text on screen with the Hint command i.e   Hint:Place some mines on the road near that intersection  OR Titletext ["Place some mines near that bridge head", "Plain"] and make sure the player has access to mines.

3)One way is to use ...unitname addrating -10000 (thats negative 10000)...but this will make him enemy to all. The better way is to group your civilian prisoner to a west leader(or east if the enemy is west) and in the init field of the leader put this...deletevehicle this...This will remove the leader and leave the civilain as a west unit(or east if you used an east leader). You then have to put this in the units init field...this setcaptive true...The last thing you need to do is place a trigger which covers the area that you require the unit to stay inside of and then group thr civilian unit to that trigger by dragging a line from the unit to the trigger in group mode and set the trigger to...not present... In the Onactivation field of the trigger put this code...civyunitname setcaptive false...civyunitname is the name that you chose to call the civilian unit. There is a way to do a group of civilains like that all at once but I do not know the code to isolate and setcaptive false only the unit that flees the trigger. Perhaps another can chime in here and provide that code on this post as it would benefit future readers.

4)If you are wanting a chopper to hover at ground level to allow units to get out? Then in the waypoint of the chopper in the Onactivation field insert this...choppername flyinheight 0...If you need the chopper to hover at building top level it will require more work such as...placing a gamelogic to identify a specific position, testing to figure out the exact height of the building top so that the chopper dopes not collide with it, and a small script which loops and checks for the choppers position, speed, or height while nudging it toward where it needs to be. To have the AI units getout when the chopper is in position you will have to create a trigger which checks the choppers speed height and/or position before ordering them out with the action command soldier1 action ["eject",choppername] as for the code that checks the speed, height or position? someone else will have to help you here or you can break open other members missions and see how they did it.
Hope this at the least sets you in the right direction?

Offline Max_Plans027

• Members
  • Max Plans
    • Max Plans 027
« Reply #12 on: 03 Dec 2008, 10:36:18 »
I need to do a soldiers always sand up or always crouch   :confused:
And command a soldiers go to a market and hold there.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 04 Dec 2008, 15:32:53 »
Not sure I understand completely what you mean.
1)You need the code for forcing a unit to stay prone or stay standing?
2)You need to know how to send a unit to a location and stay?

unit setUnitPos mode
Where unit is the units name and mode is one of these (a) DOWN (b)UP (c)MIDDLE (d)AUTO
player setunitpos middle

Comref says to use this
unitName doMove position
position being the name of any object, trigger or unit that you have named. You can also use a markers position like this
unitname domove getmarkerpos "markername"

I always use this
unitname domove getpos position

Offline Max_Plans027

• Members
  • Max Plans
    • Max Plans 027
« Reply #14 on: 06 Dec 2008, 02:14:41 »
How can i made a photo, plans for my mission

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: 06 Dec 2008, 13:19:12 »
I am more than happy to answer every question you have regarding these games(provided I know the answer) but I would like to meekly suggest doing a quick search with the key words in question first and then if you are not satisfied with the results, begin a new thread with those keywords as the subject title to help future members find their way as well. The search feature here at OFPEC is a good one and not as cluttered(it seems) as the one at BI forums. Also by doing a search and sift for what you desire will help answer many other questions that may pop into your head as well.
So, do a quick search and then post a new thread if you are still confused. Later

Offline Max_Plans027

• Members
  • Max Plans
    • Max Plans 027
« Reply #16 on: 25 Jan 2009, 09:18:17 »
 :weeping: i cant find any thing about it can you help me tp find it please !
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2009, 10:30:43 by Max_Plans027 »

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
« Reply #17 on: 25 Jan 2009, 11:48:02 »
I'd like to echo what savedbygrace has said above: the information you are looking for can be found throughout this site and even a brief search would reveal some answers. You just need to have patience.

OFPEC is a library, and it has a great many resources online to help you, however you need to learn to use this library for yourself - our "librarians" can't take you by the hand through every single problem you might encounter.

My advice would be to read the Beginner's Tutorial by Cheetah from start to finish. That will answer many of your questions and get you up to a minimum level of understanding of editing.

Offline Ext3rmin4tor

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 30 Jan 2009, 10:10:34 »
Also try Mr Murray editing guide, it is very well done and it teaches you to use everything in the editor.
How can you shoot women and children?
Easy! Ya' just don't lead'em so much! Ain't war hell?!!