Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Switchable Leader "headcam" script (?)  (Read 882 times)

Offline mrcash2008

• Members
Switchable Leader "headcam" script (?)
« on: 01 Oct 2008, 15:10:01 »
I am looking to find any script or scripter that may have already done this or interested in trying something.

In Ghost Recon 2 you have the headcam options to view over the shoulder through that leaders/units personal headcam.

I'm guessing you could call a script from the init field of the player or group to then select a dialogue of some kind or menu option to switch to that view, sending a camera view at head height to "pos" of player that would follow (loop) and (if possible be turntable only to FOV of eye for player).

Is there anything like this out so far if ive missed something, or is it possible to do? I would love to see a global script pack with a feature like this.

To me its part like Mando's bomb script "mission camera" feature but instead of camera for vehicle ir for players at head height, pref movable camera too with maybe a nice graphic overlay for L.E.D readout just for eye candy. Mando set up a global script for spotters for me recently so that way of working would be good, to name groups, and on init = the leaders that would have headcam are the ones passed from the array of group names.

Any thoughts?

PS - im referring to SP play mainly.
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2008, 15:18:53 by mrcash2008 »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: Switchable Leader "headcam" script (?)
« Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2008, 15:44:05 »
You can switchCamera to "ride" along inside another soldier's head. This is done in spectator scripts already.

If you want a true helmet cam, you could use switchCamera "INTERNAL" to pop into their "head", then use positionCameraToWorld and SPON_viewVector to work out where to immediately setPos/setVectorDir a camera object then switch to that camera. Doing this in a waitUntil loop will give you a camera that hovers near the person's head and looks in the correct direction. Not sure it is worth the extra effort though, just to move the view position a couple of inches...
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2008, 15:53:20 by Spooner »
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)