Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Error message from LowFly's EditorUpdate_v102  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
Error message from LowFly's EditorUpdate_v102
« on: 29 Sep 2008, 23:36:11 »
Hi people!

I get a error message from the EditorUpdate_v102 every time I start the SP mission I am working on (see attachment).

Does anyone of you know this and can tell me what it means and how to remove this thing?
The file respawnobjects.sqs does not exist in the path given in the error hint, so it's pretty odd...

I am using both the EditorUpdate_v102 and the one from G85. Is it possible that both are not compatible together?

I was not successful in contacting LowFly, I tried it several times, so if you can help me it would be suuuperb!!
Thank you!

Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
Re: Error message from LowFly's EditorUpdate_v102
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2008, 16:23:34 »
I am using both the EditorUpdate_v102 and the one from G85. Is it possible that both are not compatible together?

Hi Undeceived
Yes, I'd say its highly likely they don't work together. Have you tried removing 1 or the other to see what happens?

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2008, 18:12:27 »
Hi Gnat.
Thx for the suggestion!

I removed the G85 now and... There only were 2 civilians that used this E.U. :) So... I changed them to normal civs.

But the error still remains!

I could remove all objects that require LowFly's EU too, but these simply are too many and they also fit well in the misison. So I want to keep it.

Can it be that the error comes from a specific object?

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: 30 Sep 2008, 21:20:23 »
It could very well be that the errors are tied to a specific object, most likely one that runs a script in its init that has something to do with MP. I've never had this hint message and I've used Lowfly's EU before, so it's probably some specific object - you haven't accidentally for instance used a GameLogic unit or the like that's specific to that EU?

It doesn't seem to make any difference for the mission though - if nothing else you can just supercede it with a hint of your own (hint ""), which should make it disappear?

The proper way though would be to delete each object in turn until you find the culprit. :P Good luck!

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2008, 23:45:27 »
if nothing else you can just supercede it with a hint of your own (hint ""), which should make it disappear?

Hehe, I thought about this, yes! :) But it seemed to be a bit "unprofessional" to me. ;) But hey... this is my first mission! I can afford it making such things! *rofl* :D
I don't know... I think I'll search around a while, the idea with the init line sounds good, I'll check it out.
Thanks, mate!

Edit:

I found the message in the stringtable of the E.U. now. At the moment I just put in a "","","" for all languages, so at least they do not appear again...
« Last Edit: 01 Oct 2008, 00:28:53 by Undeceived »

Offline Gnat

• Addons Depot
  • I Bite!
    • Gnats
« Reply #5 on: 01 Oct 2008, 13:00:26 »
With a copy of the config.cpp and the variable referenced in that string table you (we) should be able to work out which addon is causing the issue.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 07 Oct 2008, 23:37:23 »
Hey guys, I found the solution for this problem after a great hint from Medicus @ BI forums.

The static objects that are available at LowFly's EU cause this error!
For me it were the search lights (transportable). I replaced them with normal search lights (the ones from ArmA itself) and the error didn't appear again.

Thx for your suggestions.
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2008, 23:38:57 by Undeceived »