Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Smuggler v0.08  (Read 4662 times)

Offline toviper

• Members
Smuggler v0.08
« on: 18 Sep 2008, 13:17:02 »
Hi folks,

I posted my border-checkpoint scripts in the BI-Forums a few weeks ago.
Some guys told me to put them here to let them test and evaluate.
So... here we go:

Let me explain the thing with a few words...

5 years ago I made scrips (there in OFP Res) due to work on the - never ended - campaign "The coup on Everon".
They are about a logic to control a border-checkpoint with a gate and a  few soldiers. The person who wants to cross the border should be checked by a soldier. If all is OK (no weapons found), the person is allowed to pass, if not, the person is going to be arrested, and in worst case (fleeing or really trying to break through) he is to be shoot down.

I packed these scripts into a very small mission, called "Smuggler v0.08", where the player has to carry a M107 to his girl-friend who is waiting on the other side of the border. The mission playing time is about 5 minutes, only showing the scripts.

I would like to publish all these scripts, so that everyone can use it on his own. I dont think I will use them in future, because I will not have time for creating missions any more. I cannot spend more time for it, since time has come for me to go other ways. I have to cancel making scripts and missions, because my spare time goes to zero.  :confused:

You can download the mission here: Download

For all english speakers I commented the scripts completely in english language, download the scripts here: Download

Greetings,
TOViper
 :)

P.S.: Some Q&A can be found in the specific BI-Forum-Topic: Link to topic
and on Armaholic Link to topic under comments! ;)

P.S.2: I have written a small documentation for better overview: Download documentation
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2008, 15:49:30 by toviper »

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
Re: Smuggler v0.08
« Reply #1 on: 19 Sep 2008, 10:39:43 »
just finished trying it out.

nice job and thanks for putting this out there. i really like the animations the private does while checking the car.

2 things though:

i couldn't find a m107 anywhere? so i put one in. did it 3 ways..
gun in hand on foot. had to drop it to put my hands up.
gun on person as driver of vehicle.
gun in cargo of vehicle.

the gun was never recognized in the inspections by the private?

even without that.. the check point has a lot of potential for mission makers.
 :good:

Offline toviper

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2008, 11:32:45 »
2 things though:

i couldn't find a m107 anywhere? so i put one in. did it 3 ways..

hehe... you didn't read the Briefing... the weapon is available at briefing screen  ;)

gun in hand on foot. had to drop it to put my hands up.
good, worked right (try it out in reality: put your hands up while carrying a fridgerator...  :D

gun on person as driver of vehicle.
gun in cargo of vehicle.

yeah, with that I had long thinking about. Imagine a truck and imagine you hide the weapon anywhere
on the truck...behind the motor or wherever there is place.
With a short look the person normally is not able to detect the weapon...
A missionmaker can decide if the weapon on truck should be found. For this he has to change only 1 line in the script.
That is what I mentioned: anyone can use the scripts on his own.

Thanks for looking on it!  :yes:

greets
TOViper
 :)

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2008, 14:15:46 »
A missionmaker can decide if the weapon on truck should be found. For this he has to change only 1 line in the script.
Care to explain which line this is? As far as I'm aware, it is completely impossible to tell what weapons and magazines are in a vehicle's cargo space. I'd love to know if there is a workaround for this...
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2008, 14:17:31 by Spooner »
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline toviper

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2008, 19:33:26 »
Hi!

I thought it would work anyway.  Doesn't this work? :o
I never came to the point where I had to code lines for determining the cargo, because of the fact I wrote above.
Apparently BIS also never ever came to this point > I thought like BIS do (..................... please help me with my sickness ..... :D )

In any case, if there's no way to determine, we have to live with that, and so please disregard my hint with "....change one line".
Sorry for writing about something I thought and not knew exactly :blink:

If there are changes necessary a missionmaker has to add/remove/change code in following sections of the file "west_entry0_outside_1_check.sqs":

#_check_for_number_of_weapons
#_relieve_weapons
#_wait_for_gate_passed

As I mentioned before I have not the time to make the code shorter (for ex. these 3 sections maybe could be written with one function).
The facts that I can't spend more time for it and that I am far away from a "professional coder" made these scripts long and maybe sometimes "inefficient", but they work. Other guys around here are really much much better.  :good:

greetings
TOViper
« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2008, 19:57:59 by bedges »

Offline loki72

• Former Staff
    • Loki's Nightmare
« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2008, 20:02:44 »
hehe... you didn't read the Briefing...

:whistle:

lol.. thanks

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2008, 20:21:50 »
Oh, no problem. I was hopeful you'd worked it out ;P

For this scenario, I think you could check whether the weapon was on the player or on the ground (search for a weaponholder object) and, if it couldn't be found anywhere, then it must be in the vehicle.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline Jerre

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 30 Sep 2011, 21:37:58 »
Is this one stille available somewhere to download? i was thinking about making it myself (allready worked out the opening gate).
would love to check your mission out!

I'm totaly new to all this, too bad i didnt learn about the existance of Arma before, i played OFP a bit when i was younger and so glad to finaly have a Mil simulation again, and thanx to you guys so much more fun!! thanx to all!

Offline andywt

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: 05 Feb 2019, 15:52:39 »
Does anyone have this mission?

Please post a link.