Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI faces and random snipers.  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Lefty

• Members
AI faces and random snipers.
« on: 10 Sep 2008, 05:24:21 »
AI Faces:  Okay I've used the searchy-searchy & all I can come up with when people are having problems applying custom-faces to AI units (as I am) is that the missions have to be pbo'd.  Please explain?

Random snipers:  I want to have a SINGLE sniper spawn randomly around a village.  I've tried placing multiple snipers, using the 'probability of presence' slider, but I usually end up with multiple snipers or no snipers at all.  I also want to use doTarget/doFire with some triggers, which makes using multipe snipers a problem.  Please help.  Pretty please.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: AI faces and random snipers.
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2008, 08:20:50 »
 :welcome: to the forums Lefty

AI Faces:  Okay I've used the searchy-searchy & all I can come up with when people are having problems applying custom-faces to AI units (as I am) is that the missions have to be pbo'd.  Please explain?

i believe its because the description file loads with the pbo (mission) and not in the sqm (editor)

Random snipers and doTarget/doFire

i think you can find a script for that or someone with write one quick for ya mate ,, hopefullly
cheers schuler
« Last Edit: 10 Sep 2008, 08:22:34 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2008, 10:09:48 »
Random sniper:

Put down your one sniper, and group him (F2) with a number of markers that you set around the village wherever you think there's a good sniping spot (you can start as the sniper to see where you end up). Use invisible markers so that they don't show up on the map ;) That way the position of the sniper at the start of the mission will be randomly picked among these markers. Note that I think the initial position of the sniper will also be counted among these possible random positions.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Lefty

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2008, 02:24:22 »
i believe its because the description file loads with the pbo (mission) and not in the sqm (editor)

So does that mean the faces have to be defined in the description.ext?  If so, how would I g about doing this?

Offline lichthuis

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2009, 21:36:03 »
I know this is a so called 'old topic', but...

I agree with the invisible markers option, because you can assign sniper spots to the unit.

The other option is to use the "placement radius" when inserting your unit in the editor. This way your sniper will spawn randomly within the given radius.

Just my 2 cents...  :whistle: