Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Briefing masters needed  (Read 958 times)

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
Briefing masters needed
« on: 04 Sep 2008, 20:48:32 »
Ok heres the problum i need a briefing done for a mission but am having a lot of probs i will post the mission and the briefing so you can take a look and see what i am doing but bottom line is

i need a briefing were the first objective is to reach a place called the "forward Base" i need that so when it is reached it is cheeked off the list
then i need each town marked as an enemy position to be done to the second objective so as each town is liberated each point disapears
then the thrid and final objective will be to clear the entire island of sla (this is the clearing of all the towns and baces) once done the mission will finish and an ending will display "Mission complete well done lads"
i have a briefing already on there but i dont think its right

if any more info is need or you cant do it please let me know

(your name will be mentioned in the credits of the mission)

Dragon

Edit: attached mission (Opfor_Strikes_Again.Sara.rar) lost in the crash of 2009; try this thread - WEK
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2011, 00:37:55 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: Briefing masters needed
« Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2008, 22:14:05 »
I moved the topic, because you will get a better response here with getting some assistance in creating your own briefing then you will with getting someone to make you one.

So because I've been playing your mission, I know you already have a briefing.html file. You will want to edit this file with notepad...

So have you placed your markers on the map and what are their names?

Here is what your first objective looks like...
Code: [Select]
<!-- Objective 1 -->
<p><a name="obj_1"></a>
<!-- [OBJ_1] -->
Reach the island and hook up with the forward base.
<!-- [END] -->
</p><hr>

Here is how you link the marker in the briefing..
Code: [Select]
<!-- Objective 1 -->
<p><a name="obj_1"></a>
<!-- [OBJ_1] -->
Reach the island and hook up with the  <a href = "marker:markername">forward bace</a>.
<!-- [END] -->
</p><hr>

Now when you preview the briefing you should be able to click on the link and it should take you to the marker you created...

« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2008, 22:16:37 by hoz »
Xbox Rocks

Offline B2KDragon

• Members
    • Dogs of War
Re: Briefing masters needed
« Reply #2 on: 05 Sep 2008, 00:03:42 »
That worked perfect now i need multiple markers for the next mission as its the one to take all the enemy held areas only the marker needs to be shown one at a time think its possible plus once the area is rid of the enemy it needs to say town clear and remove the marker E.G. Enemy held town to be replaced by a all clear marker if it is possible

oh and Hoz thanks a lot man your help is very appriceated.  :D

Never mind i think i found a way to do this one by listing the names of the towns in the briefing Simple DUH  :blink:

YEAH i got all that to work now that the briefing is well ready basically i need to learn how to make intros.   :yes:

plus i placed this compete version in the beta lounge ill release the final version when ive got an intro in it
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2008, 15:58:19 by B2KDragon »