Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Falklands Mod Progress  (Read 83063 times)

Torak

Re:Falklands Mod Progress
« Reply #435 on: 14 Nov 2003, 23:43:13 »
Only if they had to.....Have you ever known the SAS to use a standardised British weapon?  ;D

I've spoken to a friend of my sister's - retired army officer, ex-SAS - and he confirms that the SLR wasn't very popular, at least not with his unit:

"We didn't use the SLR much - it had a tendency of taking a nick out of your eyebrow if you didn't hold it down hard enough..."

He also tells me that they had "total carte blanche as far as weapons are concerned, as long as the QM could get them".

Well, I guess that's one unit you don't want to mess with!

Ash

« Reply #436 on: 15 Nov 2003, 01:56:07 »
good stuff m8 thanks for sharing that!

Just goes to show that the SAS have always stuck to the WW2 style of not using anything associated with the British Army!

Mr_Shady

« Reply #437 on: 15 Nov 2003, 19:41:17 »
What happened to the site? First west.flashpoint.ru, now the Falklands Mod site... is it that time of year again, when nothing works on the internet?

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #438 on: 15 Nov 2003, 21:46:06 »
Kevbaz told me that they must switch from server and upload everthing to new server it takes time ;)

Mr_Shady

« Reply #439 on: 16 Nov 2003, 13:49:05 »
Aaaaah. I suppose I should've read that page, but I was too busy being beaten by my sister on MSN checkers  :'(
« Last Edit: 16 Nov 2003, 13:49:25 by Kooky »

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #440 on: 17 Nov 2003, 18:53:38 »
Technical Differculties..

It seems that both the Mod Forum and Website are temporaily unstable.

It seems we may have hit bandwidth limits, the effect is the forum is coming and going so please bear with us while we sort this out.

And yes its being worked on as fast as possible within real life limitations.
CBF Shipbuilding

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #441 on: 17 Nov 2003, 19:09:39 »
While waiting heres a piccy of some of the ships that are viewable in present state.

These still requrie work, some far more that others.

Left to Right...

Nordic Ferry, Type 21, Fearless, Hermes, Nordic Ferry, Type 42

CBF Shipbuilding

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #442 on: 27 Nov 2003, 20:57:11 »
Work on HMS Invincible continues, the model still has a fair bit left to be done, but shes lookign great if i do say so myself :D

Homefry31464

« Reply #443 on: 28 Nov 2003, 15:48:35 »
I don't usually pay much attention to Falklands Mod (no offense, I just don't know much about the conflict), but some of the stuff you are doing has made me a fan.  That aircraft carrier looks very good so far.  

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #444 on: 28 Nov 2003, 20:27:37 »
"I don't usually pay much attention to Falklands Mod (no offense, I just don't know much about the conflict)"

I think thats the general feeling m8, but once you guys get a hold of this mod itll blow you away and will let you know all about the conflict

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #445 on: 29 Nov 2003, 01:25:39 »
i dont know much about it either (was born in '85) but i do know that british kicked a$$ and the mod is cool too, with that harrier you won my heart :D

(if this makes no sense then ignore, im in a blissful state of drunkeness)

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #446 on: 04 Dec 2003, 00:07:41 »
New Defensive GPMG Positions, they feature a unmanned static anim and a custom manned anim, they will be used by both British and Argentine soldiers, but are pictured with a Para here.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #447 on: 04 Dec 2003, 17:54:50 »
Great work! :thumbsup:

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #448 on: 24 Dec 2003, 15:24:33 »
The A4 Skyhawk has now had its Argentine colour scheme put on and it also now features random destroyed models.

heres a couple of piccies of 3 A4's trying to attack a number of British Frigates.

In this first pic you can see, one of the A4's and a fired Sea Cat Missile, which is heading for one of the other A4's

The First A4 made it through and dropped a few bombs which landed close to one of the frigates, the other 2 A4's however..

The A4 on the left has been blown in two, and the other one has been completly blown to bits.

But there are always casualties in war, the fuselage of the A4 carried on with alot of momentum and it actually arced straight into one of the frigates...

40mm Naval Bofors

Argentine Mirage III

LOOK HERE

Mr_Shady

« Reply #449 on: 24 Dec 2003, 16:36:18 »
Yay, best Chrimbo present ever! Something to shoot down in my Sea Harrier  :)