Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: DC3 Waypoints?  (Read 991 times)

Offline Crowey

• Members
DC3 Waypoints?
« on: 13 Aug 2008, 17:23:38 »
Please help Ive set a group of blufor "in cargo" grouped with a civvy dc3 to fly through waypoints till blufor over target to eject but 2 problems.....
1. Plane wont follow waypoints?

2. Any way to do it so civvy wont be in group?

Offline Carroll

• Members
  • Mission Designer (MP-"well tryin to capiche"
Re: DC3 Waypoints?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2008, 09:08:17 »
Try using an empty DC3 (which is civvy) then just use a Blufor Pilot to fly the thing....Civvy units always act eratic & wierd when in the presence of 'soldiers' so to speak

Offline Crowey

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2008, 19:56:32 »
tried this originally with a Independant pilot and he wouldnt even get on board just stood near wing and spun around???

Offline Carroll

• Members
  • Mission Designer (MP-"well tryin to capiche"
« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2008, 06:46:12 »
PilotName moveInDriver PlaneName

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2008, 12:03:11 »
hello Crowey, firstly is the DC3 QG or an addon?
what island?
Do you want the civi in the group of soldiers?
how far are the waypoints? you have to make way for turning "banking the aircraft"
 have your tryed using civilian DC without an empty DC for him to board? just the plane no boarding
have you trying adding a blufor to the civi with 0% probability ?
have trying skill level high?
how close is the enemy around the target?

my thoughts are if theres enemy around all civilians and soldiers react different. defensively or mostly just stupid. and thats in another post about civilians acting normal.   if a grenade went off by me i wouldnt run i would hit the dirt, then run when its safe. but they just stand there after its safe.
so it comes up too ,
whos flying the plane
careless , safe
enemy around
and skill level
fleeing
tons of things
its interesting
mostly a good script is needed to make things happen the way you want, i dont have one but here it a demo that might help you figure out what you might need to do. theres a eject script there though for the group. i was mostly messing around and thought you might like to see it. I don't know if it will help with the waypoints but have a look at the setup.
and this is without the civi grouped with the blufor
one of the things I found for waypoints is "speed limited" is a factor on the waypoints so they don't over shoot and go wide in their flying. Placing a trigger in the right spot and or waypoints can solve some things. Add an enemy to close and it all changes!!!! Play around with it by adding enemy and see what happins lol
note: the plane is set to land on its own, and the driver will leave the landing strip before ‘getout' command ,,,  its things like that I like to test.
Cheer, schuler
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2008, 12:04:53 by schuler »
Semper Fi