Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review completed) [SP/AD] Evil's Last Will (v.1.5)  (Read 32695 times)

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
Re: [SP/AD] Evil's Last Will (v.1.3)
« Reply #105 on: 03 Jun 2009, 13:53:20 »
schuler, thank you very much for your test and your suggestions and reports so far!

If someone else by any chance may be planning to test this mission, please wait a little longer because I'm finishing the next (hopefully last beta-) version (v. 1.4) in the next time and it would be great if this one was tested. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2009, 14:02:25 by Undeceived »
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

Offline Undeceived

• Members
Re: [SP/AD] Evil's Last Will (v.1.4)
« Reply #106 on: 09 Jun 2009, 17:45:57 »
savedbygrace, thank you very very much!! Great help!
I changed only two sentences that had a different meaning but the rest ist just splendid work!

I finished version 1.4 and it's up now. The beta testing phase is coming to its end.
It would be wonderful if anyone could test this version! I want to be sure it works before I put it ready to review... So if you could help with this, it would be very appreciated!
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2009, 18:02:27 by Undeceived »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
Re: [SP/AD] Evil's Last Will (v.1.4 - Final beta phase)
« Reply #107 on: 16 Jun 2009, 01:05:18 »
I attempted to download the 1.4 version and discovered the link broken.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #108 on: 16 Jun 2009, 05:36:36 »
I finished version 1.4 and it's up now. The beta testing phase is coming to its end.
no its not  :P
i downloaded the new version (before it was broken) and when i hit the beach i had no ammo please look into that and i would leave the player with to secondary weapon as the hk and the primary as the sniper rifle, load the ammo and leave it at that, IMO.
cheers schuler
Semper Fi

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #109 on: 16 Jun 2009, 10:06:16 »
Oh oh, what's wrong there? ???

I'll check it today evening, have to go to the university right now, sorry...
Thanks for the hint, schuler!

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #110 on: 16 Jun 2009, 13:00:22 »
good on you for putting 'Final beta phase' very often we get 'review please' and its not ready, i know i did this with my mission too. lots of little things pop up, its a part of over looking this and that, and being lazy because you have played your own mission a million times. :blink:
give the player the weapons you want him to have, dont give him any choices, the HK and sniper rifle are good enough to complete the mission. remove the boat ammo too. it just becomes confusing.
cheers mate
Semper Fi

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #111 on: 16 Jun 2009, 16:18:07 »
1) Well, the mission is there (downloadable) but yes, I know that yesterday my webspace provider had problems, I couldn't reach my stuff too.

2) About that issue of not having ammo when reaching the beach I will answer later, didn't test it yet.

3) About the weapon choice: Yes, good idea to take out the ammo from the boat, I'll do that.
But remove the weapon choice from the briefing? Hm, I don't know, schuler. I never saw a mission comment or review where the reviewer did like the fact that there was no gear choice in the briefing. I always read things like "Hm... No weapon choice, sadly!"
I imagined it this way that on the frigate there indeed are weapons at disposal and since the player plays a special unit, he can choose what to take with him.
And the gear available is choosen, not randomly packed in there.

What do you think?

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #112 on: 16 Jun 2009, 17:29:49 »
No a weapon selection is great. But there is a bug in the dual rifle script anyways. If you are weaponless, you can still retain the one weapon that is attached to the weaponholder each time it is called, albeit without ammo. So essentially, you stick them with the sniper rifle but they get their choice of assualt rifle, pistol and whatever else they intend to take.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #113 on: 18 Jun 2009, 10:59:24 »
But remove the weapon choice from the briefing? Hm, I don't know, schuler. I never saw a mission comment or review where the reviewer did like the fact that there was no gear choice in the briefing. I always read things like "Hm... No weapon choice, sadly!"
Funny about that, in my last mission I gave him what ever he wanted (load of weapons so they couldnt bitch. because it dint matter and he had a stryker full of more weapons, but the game didn't depend on what weapon he had ,,, its solved the no weapons choice rate of the bat. I didn't do it for me but for them ‘ unlike your mission whatch is solo player!
Sometimes you don't have to give them what they want, read more and you'll see what I mean.
[like SBG said weapon bug] yes seen that too. That's another reason for doing what I suggest.
 having 2 weapons HK and a M24 is more then enough to complete the mission, as the play gets weapons later from the rebels,  i would have it this way. that way some players that like to use some odd weapons wouldnt have to restart the game after picking all assault rifles instead of a silenced secondary weapon. and beside the player has the choice to take weapons from downed player, If he needs too and then go back and pick up his HK again, lets face it, if it was a 20 or 30 min game let him chose what every he wants. but its more then that and i think you know whast best for the play and he does not. nor does he know the length of the mission. plus you suppley the player with weapon choices half way through the mission. and thats good fine.
[[in other words give the player what he needs not what he wants]] two primary weapons is outstanding. one a loud sniper rifle and 2nd a silence HK. think of the role of the player  :) you are the one that knows what he is up against! He doesn't!  he my bitch because you didnt have a selection of RPG and satchel charges grenades or a P38 (can opener),,,,, so what the mission is good enough that you say what happens I call it intel! 'Not freedom of choice to get yourself killed'. and its your mission! :good:
Silenced pistol
Silenced assault rifle
M24 sniper rifle
To begin with
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2009, 11:06:55 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #114 on: 23 Jun 2009, 19:36:58 »
Gave 1.4 a go this morning.
The only problems that I encountered were...
The briefing should have no weapons at all nor should the boat have any ammo. The reason is because if the player gears up in the briefing, once he hits the shore and you add the MP5 to him, there is the potential of having no ammo for it. Since the MP5 is added via the dual script, the player should not have a choice in assault rifles but, you could offer a variety of sniper rifles and warn the player that he will need the ammo for the assault weapon once he hits land.

The other problem was at the end of the mission after the cutscene when the soviets are looking for the foreign soldiers...Once it is done and you set the uaz it displays this error...
uazhanupu2 |#|setmarkerpos markeruazhanupu error setmarkerpos: Type Object, expected String

Other than those, it's ready for review I think.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #115 on: 23 Jun 2009, 21:35:31 »
Ok, that convinced me now. I'm gonna take out the weapons choice in the briefing now (and also empty the boat). :)

Aaah, thanks for the hint about the UAZ, bro! It's a new thing I put in there and I have to confess, without having tested it. :D

Edit:

Ok, I took a look at the problems mentioned and fixed them...
Version 1.5 is uploaded and ready to review (I hope)...

If there are any problems, please contact me. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2009, 19:21:43 by Undeceived »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
Re: [SP/AD] Evil's Last Will (v.1.5) [please review]
« Reply #116 on: 24 Jun 2009, 20:27:04 »
Roger that el capitain. If all is well, I'll begin conducting my review on this if that is okay with you?

Offline Undeceived

• Members
Re: [SP/AD] Evil's Last Will (v.1.5) [please review]
« Reply #117 on: 24 Jun 2009, 22:33:03 »
If all is well

:D Hihi, hm, ok... Since you're asking it this way... :-[ Let me just play it through again tonight, just in case, you know... I'm a bit "excited". :)
Sorry for the short delay.
I'll report in here later tonight.

Edit:
Ok, all seems to be working.
I improved one tiny part and uploaded it again, so... Feel free to download and review it. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 25 Jun 2009, 09:45:54 by Undeceived »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
Re: [SP/AD] Evil's Last Will (v.1.5) [Under Review]
« Reply #118 on: 26 Jun 2009, 14:27:37 »
I'm beginning the review on this one today.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
Re: [SP/AD] Evil's Last Will (v.1.5) [Under Review]
« Reply #119 on: 29 Jun 2009, 22:10:33 »
Rgr... :sorry: