Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review completed) [SP/AD] Evil's Last Will (v.1.5)  (Read 33095 times)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Re: [SP/AD] Evil's Last Will (v.1.3)
« Reply #90 on: 27 Feb 2009, 04:12:38 »
Wait, 1.14 ArmA? or lastwill mission?

Iam playing with ArmA 1.14...

I still get error

If it's the lastWill 1.14 mission. Where is the link, it's not on the 1st post.

Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
« Reply #91 on: 27 Feb 2009, 04:27:01 »
Bah, the same old pitfall: the addon directory must contain another directory called "addons". All the PBOs must be placed in this additional directory (see screenshot).

So create a directory called "addons" inside "@LastWill" and put all the stuff in there.

Edit: image attachment (addons.jpg) lost in crash of 2009 - WEK
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2010, 23:14:52 by Walter_E_Kurtz »
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #92 on: 27 Feb 2009, 12:13:43 »
i think worldeater is right,, make the folder @bla then in the folder make one that says addons. put the needed addons in there. thats just the way it works! ;) you just have a simple prob,,,,, you will find it  :cool2:
Semper Fi

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
« Reply #93 on: 27 Feb 2009, 20:17:31 »
Hi guys :)

Was pretty surprised when I saw the thread today with all those answers! :)

Yes, schuler and Worldeater are right!
You need to put the addons in the following folder:

ArmA\@EvilsLastWill(for example)\addons

Then the addons should load properly. In the startup parameters you go with -mod=@EvilsLastWill .

@ NightJay0044:
No, there is no version 1.14 of the mission. Pal savedbygrace talked about the ArmA version.
I played the mission with ArmA 1.15 too, no problems. But Tyger thinks he experienced another difficulty with ArmA 1.15 (seemed to be harder). I think you should be ok with 1.14 at the moment...
And... You better don't play with ACE mod... There was a part that I could not continue the mission because of the mod. Unfortunately. But regarding mods -> the less the better in this case.

Thank you for trying it out!!
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2009, 20:25:57 by Undeceived »
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #94 on: 27 Feb 2009, 23:32:31 »
Yeah I finally figured out my folder issue.  But I played the mission. Very nice atmosphere and lots of sounds.
It's great to have a mission where thing become more animated and you can interact with them in a sense. 

Here is my go through:

Eliminate officer:
NO problem with this, first time I shot him when you tempted me with the text, lol disobeying a direct order.
Then tried another time and shot him with one shot one kill no problem. I then proceeded to the exfiltration point, found some enemies in th tents, took them out. 

After fully meeting the resistance figures and then we proceed to the town in the North, forgot the name.
Took care of the soldiers there no worries.

Eliminate camp of spec ops:
Then I took my squad to the camp and had 3 flank right and 4 flank left and I went up the middle. Took all the soldiers out with one swoop no casualties.

Choice (convoy, evacuate)
Umm, yeah I didn't think it was worth the risk to indange my team, so I decided to evacuate to Hunapu.
Saw that cruel officer and his soldiers there and took him out put a couple more bullets in him too afterwards, make sure he was down, lol.

All around the mission was really well, I think you have talent as a mission maker and wouldn't mind seeing more missions from you and I would definitely play them.  So thanks for the mission..

Cheers,
NightJay
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #95 on: 28 Feb 2009, 04:20:58 »
Finally I have completed two runs through this mission with 2 different approaches.

Suggestions:
Hmm, I feel that my recollection of events pretty much tells you where the mission is lacking. But for those who do not care to read a lengthy recount of my journey through hell, I have attached it. But I will make my suggestions here for the record.
I got the feeling that the southern side of the range was not patrolled by enemy during the evening, except for that lone boat and some armor stirring in the far east that was no threat at all.
Also, it only takes a couple of well placed units to keep the player cautious. Perhaps a BRDM with its engine off to make the player think it is empty or is it? The mountain range was empty as well.
Basically, the mission was very immersive up to the point of reaching the resistance camp. The lull in activity was relief of pressure as I made my way back to Pacamac but once I passed back over the range, I should have gotten the feeling that I was entering the gates of hell once again. But that only happened briefly as I was standing on the forrest edge, about to enter the realm of the black venom and not knowing what to expect. That should have been the toughest firefight in my opinion and all Hell should have been loosed. But to my dissapointment, a couple of grenades ended my adrenaline rush and gained the feeling that I owned the area because I was not pressed with enemy presence. Perhaps launch a flare with that tripwire and put it activated by smaller triggers so that if the group goes in together, there is a chance of setting off multiple alerts and flares causing the nightvision to be rendered unaffective. And please make someone responds to the tripwire, at the least spread the spetz group out across the camp in different locations.

But for details, please read the attachment.

Edit: attachment (Evils last will v1.3 runthrough) lost in crash of 2009 - WEK
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2010, 23:13:57 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #96 on: 03 Mar 2009, 20:39:38 »
Guys! THANKS!!

I'll respond to your tests soon, I hope you don't mind. But thanks for you time!

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #97 on: 29 May 2009, 15:28:11 »
Aaahhh, :D here I am again... Feels like waking up from a sleep for months... But I just could not continue working on the mission for a badly long time (burnout, it seems). :)

Anyway, thank you very much for your beta tests, guys! Let's see if I can finish this thing and I hope that there is anyone who could review it, since Arma 2 is almost there...  :dunno: I'm trying to finish the next version right now.

@ savedbygrace

Hehe, that noise in the forest is not a tripwire, sorry (although this is great idea but I don't think that I'll put this in). :) It's just a broken knob and an animal that is scared away in the bushes. :)

I have to say that you seem to be a good player since Black-Venom wasn't a problem for you! Because they really spread out and try to flank you, if you let some of them escape. I at least always have problems killing them, often loose one or two guys.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2009, 21:36:47 by Undeceived »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #98 on: 30 May 2009, 17:49:24 »
Ha, I liked the idea of a tripwire sound so much that I have already implemented a similar thing into my OFP mission attached to flare and nade traps due to be released pretty soon. I don't think they had time to flank really. I tossed a nade in their midst and the patrol that had started up the southern slope, returned to the camp site to dig in. They did well hiding behind and in the tents but with some well placed arcs, they were not too bad.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #99 on: 30 May 2009, 20:04:33 »
:)

Btw., here's the stringtable for you, savedbygrace. And thanks again for the offer.

Edit: And here is also the briefing, if you want to take a look over it. :)

« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2009, 17:34:39 by hoz »

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #100 on: 01 Jun 2009, 17:01:44 »
The intro was a nice movie like cut with the 'white ins' and music. Nice touch!

A very good briefing, not over written, very informative, and everyone likes pictures!!!
[I would remove the gear selection so the player will have SF gear no matter what.]

Mission
I found the camp at Dg 17. I was unsure whether or not to engage them but they engaged me. Very close combat around trees, nice work.

[mission very much in need of a heal script] if I got shot once I just ran straight in to the small camp to see what I could on a suicide mission to gather intel. Hehe. Had there been a  heal script it would keep the player trying to survive rather that pressing the load button or doing the recognizance death / load. This gave me the idea to kill the guys running around and spare the lives of the 3 or 4 stationary guys by the tent. Or I can lob a grenades from the south side of the tent.
 All at the camp dead, nice work there. I got the guy in the tent with a head shot from about 5 meters away, fun.

On with the mission. Found some dead civi's. then another smaller camp or lookout post.
[Got a hint to save mission via the radio, the radio disappeared.]

Man the voices scared the crap out of me! Good job! Avoided some enemy. I will remember where their at. Marked them on the map.

It was nice the way the surroundings at the target marker looked like the picture. Finally there.
Absolutely beautiful cut scene! Waited for the green light, another nice head shot objective ticked off.
Snuck out of there and then started running like a little girl. Enjoying the thunder and lighten on the way back, hoping it is cover for me. Also thinking about whether or not I can be picked up in this weather and get back to the ship. Also noted that you saved the storms for after the objective, I call that good planning!
Got two more kills by the small camp, snuck up on them, they where the hunted this time around!
Nice wind effects sounds.
My buddy is disturbed by the killing of that special unit.

Oh the mission is not over, heading to Pacamac. Thought of taking the motor bike from the small camp but my better judgment said no.
When to speed time x4 for a bit.
Choose to take the man to Pacamac with me. I didn't want to but did it because Iam kind hearted and also for beta testing.
Aww sniper........just ran faster, I couldn't see where he was. Lots of interesting things along the way........ an odd animal noise keeps ya on your toes.
Got map update. Very good.
This guy that I brought to Pacamac left without saying thank you!
From here its unclear what to do. I kept getting attacked by these guys so I killed them all. Then I made the mistake of saving the game.
There is two friendly's running around the town but he wont talk to me.
The two guys left appear friendly but shoot at me in a little while.
I am lost as to what to do now.
note the parts i have in [brakets]
Nice mission.
Cheers, schuler
Semper Fi

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #101 on: 02 Jun 2009, 10:34:39 »
Hi schuler, thank you very much for testing the mission! :good:

Hm, those bugs that you encountered are pretty strange... A quick question: Did you play the mission with any additional mods?

About some of your points:

- There is a medkit available (it should show up in the action menu when the player is injured).
- It is really odd that the radio with the save game disappeared. I never had this. Strange.
- And what makes me wonder the most is that you got shot in Pacamac! Did you talk to the resistance leader and follow his order ("Lay down your weapons and don't move!")? After that comes a conversation with him and after that the scared civilian is taken away by motorcycle by the other resistance member. And yes, the civilian leaves without thanking you. :D Forgot to record that, sorry... Well, let's say, he's so nervous and agitated that he completely forgets to thank you. ;)
But after this there should come a radio message from Fuchsbau giving you new orders to 1) catch up with the resistance group that hit the road before and 2) to investigate the situation in Mataredo. Didn't you receive that orders?
Very very odd... As I said, if you maybe played with other mods, maybe it would explain some of the bugs. I experienced script problems with ACE mod, for example. But if not... Hm, don't know...

Would be great to read your answer! Thanks again!

Edit:

Ah, forgot one thing. You could use Wolfrug's cheating console. You can call it up by radio 0-0-5.
But... If the radio disappeared anyway... Hm. Or did it appear again in the meanwhile?
But what you could do is to restart the mission, enter the console after you reached the beach and disembarked the boat and activate the following:

- type in killcolonel (I hope that this is spelled correctly. But there are three sections in the console. If you click on them, hints with the correct cheats we'll appear).
This will kill the colonel. The radio chat with Falke reporting the special unit shooting civilians at Mataredo should come right now (because you are in the trigger region that launches the chat after the colonel is killed).

- then type gopacamac
You'll be beamed near pacamac and can enter the village and continue with the mission normally. The only thing different is that it isn't dark yet and that the side task with the scared civilian will be failed. But if you wish to complete it by all costs, you can type gohunapu instead of gopacamac. Then you'd be beamed to Hunapu and had to move to Pacamac from there on (and could take the civ with you).

Looking forward to hear from you!
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2009, 11:16:07 by Undeceived »

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #102 on: 02 Jun 2009, 11:45:18 »
No addones or mods I shot the good guys oh crap   :(

I didn't look under the menu for a heal script!!!

It is really odd that the radio with the save game disappeared.

Its not odd at all. Use this to keep the radio up. A bug causes this radio to disappear when a player does "Esc- save" . It kills your savegame method that you have.

Code: [Select]
#loop
@ time < 1
showRadio true
~1
goto "loop"

the order to ‘Lay down your weapons', this accured to me but when tried he shot me too quickly so I thought there must be a leader somewhere else. Then I saved game. I will try to go back to an auto save.

Now you know what happens when a player doesn't follow the rules. hehe I was getting tiered too, I didn't stop playing the game at all and I drank a whole bottle of coke. So I think I was on the verge of a sugar comma.

Well, let's say, he's so nervous and agitated that he completely forgets to thank you.
That's probably realistic :yes:

You should let the player know he will have a heal script, its something players might over look, and this is good for beta testing because not all player play the same and might not do what you think they might or the might do like I did and shoot the friendly rebels.
oh i thought i would add... i liked the German accent and the sub tittles. it added to the realism in my books! 
Top notch mission
cheers schuler
Semper Fi

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #103 on: 03 Jun 2009, 02:21:48 »
#loop
@ time < 1
showRadio true
~1
goto "loop"
But do I have to run this script from the beginning of the mission until the end?

the order to ‘Lay down your weapons’, this accured to me but when tried he shot me too quickly so I thought there must be a leader somewhere else.
Hm, maybe you moved a little bit from the spot? He's pretty sensitive and doesn't like it when you move. :)

You should let the player know he will have a heal script, its something players might over look
Ok, thanks!

Did you try to continue the mission?

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #104 on: 03 Jun 2009, 05:51:29 »
But do I have to run this script from the beginning of the mission until the end?

Yes, just trigger it once and it will run though the whole game. Shouldn't effect play or anything.

Cool I am able to continue.
[Give the player more time to drop the weapons] just add one more sentence and ~5 at least. I have to wait till they noticed me then hurry up to drop primary, secondary and pistol. Very important. Also you could move the last autosave closer to that area.
Nice scene, you have upped the mission here with a new plot. Fun!
Nice touch with the radio music!!! Adds a bit of fun too. Just so you know, little things like that don't go unnoticed.

Went to meet with Fauke . its all or nothing now! Got a trip wire!
didnt lose any men!

Took the mission to destroy convoy, took out 1 tank. Got killed, tried a few more times, then left on mine there and ran. #2 had 3 charges and set them off by himself, I have had that bug in other mission too.  Waited then went south as planed. i should have grabed all mines but i only had one.
Got order to be evaced, on the way there I got killed.

I will leave you with that and play again later! Long mission. I had dreams of playing it last night.  :blink:
cheers :)
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2009, 05:53:32 by schuler »
Semper Fi