Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review completed) [SP/AD] Evil's Last Will (v.1.5)  (Read 33269 times)

Offline Undeceived

• Members
    • My missions and campaigns
Re: [SP/AD] Evil's Last Will
« Reply #75 on: 27 Jan 2009, 14:41:48 »
:D Thanks for your time and knowledge, lad!! Seems to be a very useful tool!
Current project: Black Lands (Arma 3)

Offline schaefsky

• Members
« Reply #76 on: 29 Jan 2009, 03:34:16 »
Hi,
are you still looking for tests of this version or are you releasing an update soon anyway?
It looks very interesting, but also long, not sure when I could find the time to play it through or even make some notes.

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #77 on: 29 Jan 2009, 13:38:07 »
Hi schaefsky,
yes, I think that it's better to wait for the next version. I'm finishing it in some days I think, so... Thanks for the hint!!

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #78 on: 31 Jan 2009, 10:14:38 »
Yes! Bring it on. Testers are starting to fall asleep.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #79 on: 31 Jan 2009, 10:35:06 »
HI Undeceived, just to let you know i played your mission and will be awaiting a new ver! very good so far!
oh and savedbygrace is not falling asleep he is just unbalanced - as apposed to balance, the new word of the new year  :D
cheers, schuler
Semper Fi

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #80 on: 02 Feb 2009, 19:33:22 »
Hehe, calm down, buddy, drink a Red Bull in the meanwhile! ;) :D

Thank you very much, schuler!! Yes, I'll try to complete a new version this week...

@ Wolfrug, I managed to build your cheating console in, it's a great tool!! It's worked out a little bit nonprofessional by me (it's pretty complicated), but it does the job.

What I had planned is to make the console available to the player (or better said the tester) the whole time when he's playing the mission. So if the player can't accomplish a certain objective (like for example killing Black-Venom) he can call the console to help him.
Right now it is activated by radio 0-0-5 but I think that it's too clearly there and maybe a little distracting!
Is there maybe a way to call it for example via... :cool2: ... a movement sequenze like 2 steps forward, 3 backward, lie down, stand up, salute? :D You know... Just a bit more low-key.
Do you have an idea for this? Or maybe a key combination?
Thanks!

« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2009, 23:29:09 by Undeceived »

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #81 on: 03 Feb 2009, 18:32:19 »
@ Wolfrug, I managed to build your cheating console in, it's a great tool!! It's worked out a little bit nonprofessional by me (it's pretty complicated), but it does the job.

Hehe, yeah, I just made it for my own use, it wasn't actually meant to be shared anywhere else (haven't submitted it to the ED depot, for instance); that's why it's far from as pretty (or easily managed) as it could be  :whistle: If I had the oomph I'd go all the way and add a bunch of bells and whistles to it, but for now, as you say "it does the job".

As to how to add it in a non-intrusive way; if you wanted to you could simply make it appear by keypress (check out e.g. Mando Draw to figure out how keypresses work), or, perhaps the easiest way, simply make it an option in the beginning of the missions (say, the first 20 seconds or so there's an extra radio option - after that it's removed) -> if the radio option is used, then the console can always be called via the radio, otherwise it won't be there. And such.

If you really want to have fun, though, you can always use animationState to figure out what animation the unit is currently in, and if a certain sequence is played, the console comes up :P Say, you salute three times in a row within X seconds. :D

Anyway, as a final solution you can simply remove the console entirely when you decide the mission is FINAL -> just let beta testers use it in the mean time.

Glad you could find some use for it tho! Feel free to edit it in any way you want to (remove the extra difficulty selector switches for instance) if you want to keep it :)

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline Undeceived

• Members
« Reply #82 on: 07 Feb 2009, 13:50:35 »
Finally a new version is uploaded! :) It's version 1.3 and it's available at the first post. :D

Wolfrug, I think I'll let this console just there in the radio menu and will remove it in a final version... Thanks for the ideas!

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
Re: [SP/AD] Evil's Last Will (v.1.3)
« Reply #83 on: 26 Feb 2009, 23:55:22 »
Hi, tried playing your mission. Wouldn't let me load becuase of error missing file addon

"VX_FleckaWod".

I created a MOD folder in ArmA Director named "LastWill", placed proper shortcut code in the properites target box inside ICON.

That works fine. The addon that says that is missing it is already in my mod folder at the very bottom.
What's the problem?

thanks..
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #84 on: 27 Feb 2009, 00:09:26 »
i wounder!!!??? sounds like part of the BW Flecktarn & Tropentarn addons , not sure though  :dunno:
double check that!
Semper Fi

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #85 on: 27 Feb 2009, 02:35:47 »
hey schuler thanks but stll an error images are below.

Error:

Error FleckaWod

Folder:

MOD Folder

Target Box:

Target box code

------------

There's the three images..See what I mean..
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2009, 02:44:58 by NightJay0044 »

Offline Worldeater

• Former Staff
  • Suum cuique
« Reply #86 on: 27 Feb 2009, 03:35:13 »
The name of the addon directory (...Atari\ArmA\LastWill) does not match the directory name you pass to the ArmA.exe (... -mod=@LastWill).

So change either the directory name or change the Target line of the shortcut.

Note:
Preceeding the addon directories with an "@" is a nice way to keep them sorted at the top in the Explorer.
try { return true; } finally { return false; }

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #87 on: 27 Feb 2009, 03:42:35 »
ALso, comparing your mod folder to mine, your folder does not contain the cwm_air.pbo or its bisign.pbo, the cwm_air_cfg.pbo or its bisign.pbo and I don't see where you are calling the editor update v1.02 anywhere.
Other than that and the missing @ symbol, I see nothing that would prevent you from playing.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #88 on: 27 Feb 2009, 03:56:24 »
thanks for the help, but the files you requested to insert were in there already. I changed the dir name and shortcut name.

Corrected @LastWill MOD

See files are all in there still error, man not working.

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #89 on: 27 Feb 2009, 04:03:17 »
I found it. Its the 1.15 beta version. Play it with 1.14. I played it through with 1.14 yesterday and tried 1.15 today and it gave me the same error. Attempting a second run for feedback purposes now with 1.14 and it works fine.
« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2009, 04:04:54 by savedbygrace »