Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Recruitment  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Glacier

• Members
Recruitment
« on: 22 Jul 2008, 15:27:40 »
Hi
Sorry, this isn't technically recruitment, more whether or not I should join up. (Couldn't find a relevant place to post)
I'm not a gamer but I recently converted to Ubuntu and discovered True Combat Elite and thought it was a good bit of fun, but it seemed lacking in realism and seemed populated with bouncing idiots with really big guns.
I've since bought a laptop which dual boots with Vista (rarely used) and Ubuntu.
Do you think OFP could be for me? As I said I'm by no means a gamer (keys and mouse), so I spent most of my time hiding in bushes with a sniper rifle on TCE, but OFP looks really interesting and should run okay on the laptop.
Should I go for it (are you patient with new cack handed recruits) or maybe go for something else.
Many thanks
G

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re: Recruitment
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2008, 15:44:42 »
Hi Glacier, welcome to OFPEC.

This is mainly a site dedicated to helping editors and content-creators of the games (OFP and ArmA), rather than a clan. By all means get OFP, it's a great game to play, and even better once you start editing - the fact that this site has been going since it was released is a testament to how worthwhile the game is. It offers any style of gameplay you want - simulation, rambo-style shooting or tactical bush-hiding strategy, and there's a multiplayer option to enable you to hook up with other bush-hiders. There's a massive Community behind OFP - and ArmA - full of helpful and creative people from all across the planet.

You might also find Bohemia Interactive's site useful for general information.

Once again welcome to the site.  :good:
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2008, 15:49:55 by bedges »