Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: My first infantry unit *need help*  (Read 1332 times)

Offline babeski

• Members
My first infantry unit *need help*
« on: 27 Jun 2008, 07:05:04 »
I am currently nearly finished my first infantry unit, i have got the models and texture paths together, cutomised the textures, made the config ETC. however there is two problems that occur and im sure they are related, seeing i am not heaps knowledged in modelling, considering this is my first addons, im not sure. this is what happens.

When i view my model in bulldozer it says "cannot open object ca\weapons\ak_47_v58_proxy.p3d" then i can view the model fine in bulldozer after i click OK. Then when i .pbo it and put it into arma, i can place it on the map and the icon appears fine, but when i go into game my game immediately crashes, im sure this wouldnt be the first time this has ever happened, could someone please explain or link to me to a page to resolve this problems.

Thank you
-babeski
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2008, 12:45:17 by babeski »

Offline Sparky

• Former Staff
    • Hellenic Warfare Mod
Re: My first infantry unit *need help*
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2008, 09:10:14 »
Welcome to OFPEC.

1)as for the AK_74.... this is the proxy of the primary weapon slot for the soldier. This has a generic scope, that means that bis uses this proxy, but in game you can take any weapon, it's something like the cargo for vehicles.
2)as for the crash there can be a lot of different reasons for the crash.
since you have any expperience, let me ask you a few questions.
-does your soldiers mod has a model.cfg file (a model.cfg file, is a file that describes soldiers skeleton)
-if yes and the model is yours have made the correct selections in the model?
-i suppose that you know how to config, so needless to ask?

anyway, if you can be more specific about those info, probably we can help you better in order to find a solution.