Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Hitching (ACCEPTED)  (Read 35015 times)

Offline eggbeast

• Members
Re: Mando Hitching (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #45 on: 23 Jun 2008, 01:07:51 »
hard to say exactly - i think it's after a pilot picks up a "phantom" object and doesn't select drop but exits the chopper with it still "picked up".  then when i get in i have the drop object action and the pick up object action in my menu.  so i choose drop (cos i haven't got anything and i want to be sure that i can pick up) and so i now have 2 pick ups in the menu.  do this a few times over a few days in evo and you have a stack of pick ups.

also tonight i hitched a vulcan and it moved slightly on the ground but otherwise stayed put.  then i flew away to see what would happen.  about 1000m away all of a sudden i heard the vulcan coming and thought "ok, it's caught up" but it actually came right up into the heli (i was at 70m) and blew me up.  this could have been due to the server being busy - 6 of us vs a lot of bots and quite a heated battle going on...

also in the original winch script it used a text HUD to say "winch UAZ_AGS30" whereas with your HUD you have to look at the picture, the circle and the pickup command all at the same time, but with winch you just fly up to your target press middle button and fly off knowing what you have... so tho yours is more realistic, it's hard to use in evo combat.

the winch code they used to make the name of the vehicle pop up on screen was
               _cargo = _nObject;
               actioncargo = _uh60 addAction [format ["Winch %1", typeOf _cargo], "scripts\winch_start.sqf",

« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2008, 01:10:56 by eggbeast »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #46 on: 23 Jun 2008, 08:36:09 »
Thanks for the feedback, I'll investicate that case where you pick up something and exit the chopper before dropping it.

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #47 on: 24 Jun 2008, 18:03:16 »
Brilliant Mandoble, static weapons movement is great, combined with combat engineers that can build bunkers, some nice little firebases can be setup.

Not sure if your planning on adding any more features to this, the only real addition i could see improving it, is the ability to assign different helicopters to pick up certain types of cargo.  i.e  say a chinook could lift a stryker or m113 where as the blackhawk could not lift something heavier than a hummer.

Just an idea for you, if its possible at all...but fantastic effort on this as always.

Cheers.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #48 on: 24 Jun 2008, 22:35:35 »
Of course this is possible and will be added as soon as I be able to recreate the problem with multiple actions described by eggbeast.

Offline eggbeast

• Members
« Reply #49 on: 25 Jun 2008, 01:15:35 »
the variation lifting would work well with say chinooks and mi17s lifting tanks, boats and choppers and blackhawks and hinds lifting all other vehicles, M119, etc and little birds lifting ammo boxes, AGS30 and MG positions.

the pickup zone definitely needs expanding though.  Even if you didn't want to expand it, if you could make it a variable or else explain how to make it bigger I'd really appreciate it cos I like your script but it's hard to use in-game atm.

keep up the great work dude - happy to spend hours testing it for you...

Offline Gen.Iceman

• Members
Only 2 classnames allowed in array??
« Reply #50 on: 03 Jul 2008, 12:11:21 »
Hello Manoble, Ive integrated Mando hitching into a warfare map.I have 4 diffrent types of helos that i want hitching other vehicles.

code:
[["UH60MG","UH60","MI17_MG","RHS_MI24D"]]execVM"mando_hitch\mando_add_hitch.sqf";

only the UH60MG & The Hind have the hitch action. . .is there a limit on classnames in the array?

Regards,
  =SEALZ= Gen.Iceman

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #51 on: 03 Jul 2008, 12:46:55 »
No, there is no limit, just check that the classes are writen correctly checking also upper and lower case characters.

Offline Gen.Iceman

• Members
« Reply #52 on: 09 Jul 2008, 02:54:08 »
Problem Solved!! Thanks Manoble  :good:

Regards,
   Iceman
« Last Edit: 09 Jul 2008, 03:43:16 by Gen.Iceman »

Offline eggbeast

• Members
« Reply #53 on: 16 Jul 2008, 14:09:33 »
here is a real hitch for you!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7493547.stm

how's it going on the final version?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #54 on: 16 Jul 2008, 15:09:06 »
Still trying to recreate the problem of multiple actions with no luck  :blink:
Did you experience that problem more times?

Offline ckclaw

• Members
« Reply #55 on: 02 Aug 2008, 16:18:32 »
Hi,

I've got a problem with the script?
All is working great in mission editor(Thx Mandoble)  :clap:

But when i upload the mission to our dedi server the server hangs and doesnt respond?
I did read about something to do with clent/server side?

But alas im lost!

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #56 on: 02 Aug 2008, 16:24:19 »
This is being run in multiple servers without any problem and there should not be any issue related to client/server.
How are you executing it and from where?

Offline ckclaw

• Members
« Reply #57 on: 02 Aug 2008, 16:41:35 »
My bad! *hits self with beer can* its ok its an empty one!  :good:

For some daft reason i was adding heli2,heli3 etc for more choppers when all i had to do was add the class names to the other line !

I assume that was causing the conflict!

Thanks working a treat!  :D

Offline Rawhide

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #58 on: 06 Aug 2008, 16:39:33 »
Hi Mando,
thank you for a well-working script.

I have a Q: is it possible for this script to hoist a completely destroyed vehicle/aircraft?
Tried it, locally and on dedicated. Same results: You get the burned out vehicle on the HUD, and you're able to start hoist it. After approx. one second or less, it get hooked off. Any solution would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Rawhide

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #59 on: 06 Aug 2008, 16:42:54 »
Open mando_hitch.sqf, look for
Code: [Select]
               if (!alive _cargo) then
               {
                  _continue = false;