Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom sounds not working  (Read 1011 times)

jay1234

Custom sounds not working
« on: 09 Jun 2008, 10:58:07 »
Ok heres the prob, ive had Armed assault for awhile, i could get the sounds to work on xp with its handy voice recorder which worked fine.

Ive recently upgraded to Vista and i dont know what im doing now, ive tried using voice recorders and recording and the recomended type but its not working, i can make a lip file with WAVEtoLIP but it dosent play?????

Anyone know how to fix or what programs there using to record there audio?

Thx

Offline nettrucker

• Members
  • Too young to die-OFP Campaign by TOY & nettrucker
Re: Custom sounds not working
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jun 2008, 22:26:42 »
Hi Jay

well wavetolip basically creates a text file which results in Lip movement of a unit once the related soundfile is played.
You need to record the file with a soundeditor programm. Windows recorder is not so good cause it's very limited. Once you record the file you need to transform it into an ogg file. Standard BIS sound compression. Once you've done that you gotta declare the sounds in the description.ext file for the game engine to recognize them. That's basically the procedure said in 2 words. I don't know how much familiar you are with sound recordings. To understand your problem you gotta be more specific.
cheers
nettrucker :dunno:

jay1234

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2008, 07:06:34 »
Ok thx for the help, i know how to use the Wavtolip and now the description, what i need is a recorder because the VISTA recorder doent let you choose the audio format so it dosent play.....

If anyone could give me a program to use that would be great

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jun 2008, 10:43:51 »
Try Goldwave. You can get a free evaluation copy here
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!