Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Detecting magazine type in a vehicle  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Carroll

• Members
  • Mission Designer (MP-"well tryin to capiche"
Detecting magazine type in a vehicle
« on: 06 Jun 2008, 08:36:12 »
Hi, i know how to detect whether a Unit has a certain class of ammo in his inventory using
Code: [Select]
("ammoClassName" in magazines unitName)But im finding problems detecting in an empty vehicle that i have assigned a driver to at a later stage in mission...is there a different procedure for doing this? If so i would need some help. Many thanks in advance...

addnote: i'm issuing a moveInDriver command of another Unit to this vehicle at an earlier stage in the mission before i need to check the condition, perhaps this is the cause or not?....What i mean to say is, if i move/assign a driver to this same empty vehicle, does it mean i have to check the magazines of this vehicles new effectiveCommander or can i still check the 'in magazines' conditon of the vehicle name at any time?

i think what i am looking for is a command, somefin like
Code: [Select]
("ammoClassName" in magazineCargo VehicleName)
« Last Edit: 06 Jun 2008, 13:04:49 by Carroll »

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: Detecting magazine type in a vehicle
« Reply #1 on: 06 Jun 2008, 20:20:26 »
You aren't the first person, including me, to want this command, but it doesn't exist, nor is there a workaround. You can tell what vehicular magazines and weapons the vehicle is using itself, but what personal weapons and magazines are in the cargo is not discoverable.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline Carroll

• Members
  • Mission Designer (MP-"well tryin to capiche"
Re: Detecting magazine type in a vehicle
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jun 2008, 05:57:37 »
Thanks Spooner, you've saved me some time