Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP] The Red Wave (final) - (Review Complete)  (Read 14987 times)

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
[SP] The Red Wave (final) - (Review Complete)
« on: 25 May 2008, 21:53:49 »
Hi all!

This mission is an out-take of the stalled OFPEC campaign project. I uploaded a new version, adjusting the Overview to that of a SP mission. Gameplay remains unchanged.

The following M60A3 tank addon by Törni is required.

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=0&cat=addons&id=173

Cheers

Mathias
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2009, 20:25:14 by savedbygrace »

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: OFPEC campaign mission #1: The Red Tide
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2008, 08:59:40 »
hi mathias,
      "camisc",
      "sara",
      "CATracked",
      "RAE_sandbagFix",
      "caweapons",
      "vilas_forces",
      "CABuildings",
      "CAAir"
what about addon links in readme and ver. 1.12 beta or 1.09 ???  ;) 1.14?
cheers Schuler
Semper Fi

Offline bert

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2008, 23:17:05 »
I'll give this one a test, but which of vilas' addons do I need to download?

Hasn't the sandbag fix addon been made redundant a few patches back?

bert

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2008, 03:07:24 »
hey guys there is a fix for sandbag
Raedor's Sandbag Fix v1.1
 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1607
Semper Fi

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2008, 11:44:26 »
I do believe it is now made redundant by one of the patches, as stated above.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2008, 21:30:21 »
Hey all!

Hm, not sure about the vilas addons, don't know where I picked this entry. The problem lies within the Sandbag fix. It should be redundant since one of the last beta patches, yet deleting it leads to the "exploding sandbag" problem. I will tend to my mission again when I am back from work at the weekend.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2008, 21:46:26 »
Exploding sandbag problem?

You might want to check out 1.14's Warfare walls. They are actually quite neat ;)
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
Re: OFPEC campaign mission #1: The Red Wave
« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2008, 13:25:51 »
Hey, I managed to eliminate that exploding sandbag bug, mission is up again.

Feedback would be most appreciated.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2008, 17:49:48 »
I do believe it is now made redundant by one of the patches, as stated above.

@Planck you are right :)
@Cheetah   yes  1.14'  ;)
@mathias good on your mate :clap:
Semper Fi

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: 10 Jun 2008, 19:38:07 »
Hmm, no feedback here...

What do you guys think: Should I post this mission on the beta boards while disguising it's purpose of first OFPEC campaign mission? Or is it just the EURO 2008 that steals everybody's time?

Offline bert

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 10 Jun 2008, 22:44:15 »
Sorry I didn't get back to you mathias. I've had a short play but didn't get round to finishing it. One thing I did notice was some of the NPC's close to the start position got killed instantly early on, presumably because of a falling building, I think I got injured to boot. I'll try and give it a full play in the next few days.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #11 on: 11 Jun 2008, 19:31:46 »
1.12 beta with sandbag fix

Map:
Clusterloveed , messy
 positions and flank are on top of each other,, cant read it.
Also I don't think Flank is the right wording for this objective.  positions 1, 2 and 3 would look better for a military lingo and platoon assignment as a company, 

Briefing ;
Spelling ,,,     attrit ->      attrite ? or rid ? 
The briefing is really worded well, I like it.  :good:

Mission;
The briefing is better then the mission! ;)  note;  I would not say that in open forums mate,,, only behind closed doors! :-*
Place the player behind the road block more 1 or 2 meters, so he can see it, "its too close" he will need it to survive the first 2 minuets of play.
At first time playing I completed mission just by standing behind the road blocks with my men, shot one MGunner that's all,,,,
Second time , there was a enemy AI that I could not find behind our lines. And my soldiers did not obey commands very well.,,,, If you have them in a setpos middle or something please remove it. edit , i think i had them on steath sorry about that
played about 5 times there is a small bug in waypoints or something,,,, :dunno:
give us a new vers!
cheers schuler ;)
edit
played again very good, all the men at the right flack had been killed. i found 3 or 4 more there i had to hunt down, one  will place grenade got them.
it was a good fire fight.
could use some civy cars or trucks parked around for atmosphere.
mission ended to abruptly, maybe set the delay on ending a few seconds more.
good job ;)

« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2008, 15:58:49 by schuler »
Semper Fi

Offline Denz

« Reply #12 on: 16 Jun 2008, 07:08:23 »
About time I showed my face around here again been working away from home yet again.

Just played this mission through a couple of times Mathias. As Cheetah said you might want to take a look at the new walls we got with 1.14.

Briefing
Well written. The only phrasing I didn't like was "Search and destroy the enemies" when something like
Search and destroy for any enemies
sounds more appropriate.

Mission
Action kicks in real quick and the first line of defence dies in a matter of seconds.
There seems to be a lone civilian rifleman stood out on my left flank for some reason  :dunno:
The mines halt the T72s but they still cause havoc amongst the RACS. You could do something with a trigger and an engineer to blow (delete) the initial sandbag wall.
Good placement of the other defenders plus ammo crates and med tents handily scattered around.
On one play through a destroyed Kamov actually crashed on most of my squad. Alas, the fortunes of war  :blink:
My right flank always seems to fold while there is no attempt made to attack around the left flank. Soviet tactics were always more of a steam roller approach anyway.

Overall
Not bad, it reminded me of nettruckers mission Dogtags (might want to have another look at that again btw).
There are some nice tense moments with the T72s and then searching for the SLAgs that got through into the city.
As it stands it is an enjoyable mission. It needs more though, another wave at least to pile on the pressure.
How about a small artillery barrage at the start to cover the assault forces approach?

Whats wrong with the reinforcement script? I'm no scripting guru but lets have a looksy.

Better sort my own mission out now  :whistle:

edit:
How are we handling the actual assassination?
I have an idea for it if no one else wants to tackle it?
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2008, 07:12:44 by Denz »
I've got 'em right where I want 'em - surrounded from the inside!
Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver, SOG Recon One-Zero
24/09/41 - 24/04/69

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: 16 Jun 2008, 20:30:09 »
There seems to be a lone civilian rifleman stood out on my left flank for some reason
Oops, this guy was used to see if the working engineers really delete the sandbags if they survive long enough (they do during tests, but always seem to die before in the mission; well that is the goal of the RACS defenders anyway).

The mines halt the T72s but they still cause havoc amongst the RACS. You could do something with a trigger and an engineer to blow (delete) the initial sandbag wall.
Do you think I should leave out the mines? They seem to kill off the soldiers working to delete the sandbags once a T72 hits them.

My right flank always seems to fold while there is no attempt made to attack around the left flank. Soviet tactics were always more of a steam roller approach anyway.
Keep in mind that the player is positioned initially at the left flank. I think one cannot go AROUND the left flank because it's the walled off harbor area. Or should there be another wave that disembarks from boats?

How about a small artillery barrage at the start to cover the assault forces approach?
Hm, I figured that that would be a daft move for the SLA, since they require an intact bridge and streets free of rubble to advance through the city. But as a civilian I have no idea of a tank's capabilities. Maybe the rubble would not make much difference IRL and the artillery is desired even in that special situation?

Whats wrong with the reinforcement script? I'm no scripting guru but lets have a looksy.
The reinforcement script should create 2 BMPs full of troops close to the border, that move behind the front to drop off their cargo. I never saw the BMPs though.

How are we handling the actual assassination?
I have an idea for it if no one else wants to tackle it?
Since the missions already taken up require a large amount of time, I thought that the assassination would only appear in my intro. I was thinking of the party HQ in Bagango (the large yellow rectangle building) being blown up by one or several truck bombs. But if you want to take up a separate assassination mission, it's even better. Just let me know what happens to have it appear in my intro.

Many thanks for the test, and thanks also go to schuler, who took my mission up first!

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #14 on: 17 Jun 2008, 10:38:08 »
Many thanks for the test, and thanks also go to schuler, who took my mission up first!
lol,,,, hi Mathias, hey ,,,, i only joke , dont take anything i say personally  ;)we need to do this in 1.14 right? for beta testing?!?!?
by the time it is done "the camp"  everyone will be on 1.14 :yes:
i did it in beta 1.12 and the road block , "sandbags deleted" , it only happened once! a bug
my main thing is to move the player back 1 or 2 meters form the sandbags roadblock

About time I showed my face around here again been working away from home yet again.
Denz,  if there was a kick in the bum smiley face i would apply it now  ;)
briefing /mission good :clap:
cheers schuler

Semper Fi