Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Custom unit pack / Class names  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Binary

• Members
Custom unit pack / Class names
« on: 09 May 2008, 10:54:12 »
Hello all :)

I've decided to venture into a rather big project, considering my n00blet abilities outside the editor.
First of - not sure this is the right place to post, please move the topic if not.

First off - a short description of my project:
* A custom (private, not for release) unit pack, containing different units and different camouflages.
* Custom names for all addon units in the editor such as:
MEN
MEN (MARPAT)
MEN (WOODLANDS)
MEN (DESERT)
ARMORED
ARMORED (WOODLANDS)
And so on.

Another feature i would love to implement, is the ability to define specific (class?) names for the units. Why you ask?
Let me provide another example:
* I include a M60 in my pack
* I find another M60 that is better
* I simply replace the new M60 with the old one, and since they have the same (class?) names the new one simply replaces the old one

I have experimented a bit with changing the names in the editor, but only trough trial n' error.

Basicly the information that i am looking for is, what to look for. Exactly which parameter defines what name the units have in the editor? What names need to be defined by a standard in order to be replaced by new units? One of my main errors so far, have been trying to change to many of the names and suddenly having errors pointing to .p3k files and such, with different names.

Hoping that some sharp heads out there can help :)

Cheers
"Ah.. Home sweet hell !" - Al Bundy

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: Custom unit pack / Class names
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2008, 16:03:15 »
Hmmmm, looks to be more suitable in the addons department, so let's put this here :)
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Sparky

• Former Staff
    • Hellenic Warfare Mod
Re: Custom unit pack / Class names
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2008, 12:05:26 »
There are 3 basic things as far as the names.
1st) p3d name
2nd) class name should be the same as the p3d name in order your animations to work and your model to be identified by the game
3rd)display name, display name is only for the editor.

Example
you want to give a man a weapon and some magazines.
   weapons[]= {"HWM_HK21", "Throw", "Put", "NVgoggles"};
   magazines[] = {"HK21_762","HK21_762","HK21_762"};   
in weapon array you need to put the class and not the display name the same goes for magazines. in this example there should be a weapon with class name HWM_HK21 in CfgWeapons.hpp also a magazine with class name HK21_762 in CfgMagazines.hpp
hope that helps you a bit.