Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: [SP/MP] Scripted Objective System  (Read 2331 times)

Offline TacRod

• Members
  • Tactless, not tactical
    • My Dynamic OFP Missions
[SP/MP] Scripted Objective System
« on: 07 May 2008, 19:08:57 »
SOS is a set of scripts for mission makers.

Using SOS, adding various objectives to a mission is largely "plug and play", with little to no scripting required. SOS can be used to quickly and easily add complexity and variety to editor missions. It can also be used to make more elaborate missions.

One aim of SOS is to make it easy to quickly build platoon or larger scale missions with rudimentary enemy AI. Using SOS, it should be possible to quickly make large-scale missions that are fairly unpredictable.

SOS uses CoC's CEX for unit control, Chops' Y.A.A.A for artillery, Mandoble's Air Support Console, Kronzky's Urban Patrol Script and Rommel's suppression script (optional).

Though I have tried to make the code MP friendly, SOS has not been tested in MP and is primarily intended for SP.

Easily build large, complex missions without worrying about scripting. The system will automatically calculate victory conditions and force the mission to end when these conditions are met. The download contains 7 example missions.

Objective types include:

- Capture location
- Hold location for X minutes
- Take location before X minutes pass
- Destroy group
- Protect group
- Bring convoy to destination
- Score by kills

All of these can be combined in one mission, it's up to the mission maker. New groups and objectives can be spawned in-mission and the victory conditions will automatically update.

DOWNLOAD (~592k):
http://www.k5.dion.ne.jp/~tacrod/SOSb011.zip

Required addons:

CoC Command Engine X
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=70;t=67904;hl=cex

Chop's YAAA
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=70;t=68615;hl=y.a.a.a.

Feedback more than welcome.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: [SP/MP] Scripted Objective System
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2008, 10:40:49 »
Should we consider this a mission to be tested or a editing resource? I would say the second, in that case I'll move this to the editing/scripting resources betaboard.

Offline TacRod

• Members
  • Tactless, not tactical
    • My Dynamic OFP Missions
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2008, 11:48:50 »
Ah yeah, sorry. It is an editing resource. Please go ahead and move it  :)

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2008, 18:43:16 »
I'd love to check this out, your dynamic mission thingamajigs always rock. And using CoC too? Sweet. Although CoC always lags my system down to a crawl with bigger battles :( Anyway...will be sure to test it when I get home in, oh...many many days.

Wolfrug out.
"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"