Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review completed)[SP/AD] Fly Like An Eagle  (Read 24578 times)

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
Re: [SP] Fly Like An Eagle (Review Please)
« Reply #15 on: 05 May 2008, 20:09:22 »
I uploaded a new mission version 1.1 which you can see displayed in readme. I fixed the typos and scripts which are active while chopper is landed. There is also small change for enemy spawn script which activates while operateing on north island.

Feel free to continue the reviewing. :)

btw. all links in this thread and Mission Makers Unit homepage gives the new version. Armaholic have the new version too.
« Last Edit: 05 May 2008, 21:52:35 by SaOk »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 May 2008, 21:46:00 »
I uploaded new version 1.2 which should fix the problem that sometimes POWs leave the holding cell. They didnt do that for me before but for some other players. I tested better and noticed that they fleed when i was sla soldier in their sight but "this allowfleeing 0" stopped it.

Offline mathias_eichinger

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: 06 May 2008, 22:18:42 »
Argh, just as I was playing 1.0 again...

But I spotted another showstopper. This time I managed to come as far as to drop my SF dudes, and then a cutscene took over. And yes, the obligatory "I am shot down and have to find my way back on foot" part of the mission was about to kick in. But what happened: My chopper crashed in the surf of what I think is Isla Victoria in the North with nothing I could do about it. Cutscene just showed a nice view of the islands and nothing in the mission went on.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 May 2008, 23:35:09 »
Argh, just as I was playing 1.0 again...

But I spotted another showstopper. This time I managed to come as far as to drop my SF dudes, and then a cutscene took over. And yes, the obligatory "I am shot down and have to find my way back on foot" part of the mission was about to kick in. But what happened: My chopper crashed in the surf of what I think is Isla Victoria in the North with nothing I could do about it. Cutscene just showed a nice view of the islands and nothing in the mission went on.

Damn, i hoped that i would have fixed that already. There is a script which heals pilot and chopper every 0.1 second but looks like the pilot could still die sometimes or chopper engine fail. I have to search a solution. Rest of the mission should be much more stable.

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
Re: [SP] Fly Like An Eagle
« Reply #19 on: 07 May 2008, 00:08:50 »
Because of some bugs...please postpone the review ;)

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: 07 May 2008, 00:42:04 »
He he, no need to worry....

As long as I don't write (Under review) in the thread's title, nothing will be done. In fact, I only attempt a review if I am able to beat the mission at least once. If it should end up to be too difficult for me I suggest somebody else will take over, but I like it so far and I want to know what happens till the end.

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 May 2008, 13:01:51 »
Chopper shouldnt crash to island anymore. While testing i noticed that setdamage 0 loop wasnt enoght to keep pilot alive. Now script replaces dead pilot with new pilot when required. Links have the new 1.3 version now.

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
« Reply #22 on: 07 May 2008, 14:21:26 »
He he, no need to worry....

As long as I don't write (Under review) in the thread's title, nothing will be done. In fact, I only attempt a review if I am able to beat the mission at least once. If it should end up to be too difficult for me I suggest somebody else will take over, but I like it so far and I want to know what happens till the end.

then i'll put the review please back;)

Offline WinKIller0

• Members
  • Me pandaren, you like me
« Reply #23 on: 07 May 2008, 18:17:30 »
HOla played your mission to the part where you need to go to the POW camp, couple notes though

-The voices at the last scene, when the SF squad arrives to the camp, were few times played like the 1st sound started and before it was finished the next sound started

-How does the no fly zone work? Flew for (accidently though) 3-5 seconds on the area before I noticed where I was, but I didn't encouter anything there

But otherwise looks great so far you guys have done a lot of work to make this mission this good   :cool2:

-Wink0
You haven't seen the end of The Devil yet...

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 May 2008, 18:38:45 »
There is few shilkas spawning around the "no fly"-zones but there could be areas where player still could fly. I havent made those zones to be too dangerous. I will pay attention to those voice timings. They have taken a lot of time (like fixing typoes) already but there is always more fixing. I dont make a new version yet until i have much more of these smaller bugs or few bigger ones.

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: 07 May 2008, 21:17:21 »
Hey guys,

I won't review your mission as I am hopelessly outgunned and overwhelmed inside the POW base. Someone else will pick it up for sure, but right now I feel like I should change over to Sim City or some other, less challenging game.  >:(

Offline Denz

« Reply #26 on: 07 May 2008, 23:15:00 »
then i'll put the review please back;)
You realise that you are likely to get more feedback if it isn't marked "review please" ;)

It isn't mandatory and I know beta testing lengthens the process but our members do provide some quality reports that you rarely get from other sites.
Quite often during the review process we find problems that should have been picked up during the beta phase which then affects your score.
It really does help to have fresh eyes look at the mission before it gets reviewed.

Like you, we want a mission to be as good as it can be.

I've got 'em right where I want 'em - surrounded from the inside!
Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver, SOG Recon One-Zero
24/09/41 - 24/04/69

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 May 2008, 20:15:55 »
Maybe its best to beta test this first if you find more bugs. I heard that for someone the last evac chopper didnt arrive. I will fix that in upcoming 1.4 version. I will change a condition for shilkas too so player dosent have to kill crew leaders.

Patch could take some time so you could beta test the 1.3 version.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2008, 20:30:13 by SaOk »

Offline SaOk

• Missions Depot Staff
    • My youtube profile
« Reply #28 on: 20 May 2008, 18:08:17 »
I uploaded version 1.4 which fixes few typos in csv and make few voices louder in mercallillo (in chat with medic). Friendly choppers in Eponia should crash less when spawning and condition for shilkas check now if vehicle or crew leader is alive.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2008, 11:02:51 by SaOk »

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #29 on: 21 May 2008, 07:01:32 »
Just had to jump in and say, this mission is one of the most realistic missions as far as voices and radio chat.
There must be a Yank helping you with words, its just too real as to what yanks say!!!!!!!!!
Even destroying the heli, so enemy doesn't get parts from it.
I am up to going to the POW camp now..
no bugs so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!
looks good!
Cheers Schuler
Semper Fi