Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: missing flag after returning to main menu  (Read 949 times)

Offline tomaszpme

• Members
missing flag after returning to main menu
« on: 11 Apr 2008, 13:40:09 »
Hi all,

I must confess I am puzzled. I set a custom flag in my MP mission onto a flagpole and it works (this setFlagTexture "path\someflag.jpg"). Everything seems to be ok - syntax, path to the flag texture file, flag size (2^n). However after I exit the mission, I receive an error on ArmA's main menu screeen, that a flag called "path/someflag.jpg" is missing. It happens to all players which play the mission. The same error shows up on all players' computers regardelss the fact if the game was launched on a standalone arma, or on the dedicated server. I have tested 1.09 and 1.12 patches with the same result. The same error shows up with the flag saved as jpg, as well as tga->paa. The only way to get rid of the error I have found so far, is to put the flag texture into an addon, and point mission.sqm there "\someaddon\someflag.jpg", but obviously this very method is very inconvenient for other player. Have you experienced any problems with missing elements AFTER exiting a mission?

Cheers,

Tomasz

Offline Wolfrug

• Addons Depot
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFPEC Old Timer
Re: missing flag after returning to main menu
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2008, 14:36:18 »
Question: are you using a custom island, that doesn't have any "introanims" (the little cutscenes that play behind the main menu)? Because if the island lacks them, as you'll have noticed, it'll just load the last mission that's been played, but apparently only the mission.sqm - thus giving rise to errors if the mission refers to any external resources such as flag textures, sounds or custom dialogs. Also it'll be "played" from the view of the playable character; hell, sometimes you still have control over the dude, so that you shoot every time you click the left mouse button  :confused:

And of course, the reason it doesn't happen with an addon is that the addon is still there for the game in that case.

Might've been it?

Wolfrug out.

"When 900 years YOU reach, look as good you will not!"

Offline tomaszpme

• Members
Re: missing flag after returning to main menu
« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2008, 17:58:57 »
Wolfrug, now it is clear. Indeed the mission takes place on SAP Everon. Thank you very much for the clue!!!

Tomasz