Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: BAS f (Mission Development Framework) v1-4-2  (Read 10069 times)

Offline ferstaberinde

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
BAS f (Mission Development Framework) v1-4-2
« on: 23 Mar 2008, 21:05:46 »
New & Updated Features
Changes since the last public release (v1-0-8) include:

• Added ShackTactical: kevb0's Wounding Script component
  • Added ShackTactical: kevb0's Outtro Script component
  • Expanded number of options in Conditions Selector component
  • Changed night options in Conditions Selector component to use full moon
  • Added ShackTac f (Sahrani) mission template folder

Full Information & Downloads
For more information and download links, please see the biki page:
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BAS_f
« Last Edit: 14 Mar 2009, 12:32:48 by Worldeater »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: BAS f (Mission Development Framework) v1-1 RELEASED
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2008, 23:22:32 »
Why has this been moved here? Is it some kind of beta pending to be tested within OFPEC? Please -h, clarify.

Offline ferstaberinde

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2008, 01:45:44 »
Am also confused. This is not a beta testing submission - we already have a process for development and testing in place; I was simply posting on OFPEC because this is a resource which OFPEC community members might (should?) find useful. Can anyone shed any light on this thread-move?

Thanks, btw, for the news mention on the home page of OFPEC :)
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2008, 01:47:35 by ferstaberinde »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2008, 02:40:47 »
We can move it back no problem.
I would like think though that a resource like this would have some value from being tested at OFPEC since we have mostly mission makers around here.

Xbox Rocks

Offline ferstaberinde

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 24 Mar 2008, 02:54:30 »
Feedback from the OFPEC community is certainly very welcome, particularly if that will help see this resource added to the Editor's Depot. As I posted previously, we do have an in-house process and BAS f is extensively used by ShackTactical (before builds are released to the public); however, more eyeballs / brains looking at it would be a bonus.

:)

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #5 on: 24 Mar 2008, 08:51:36 »
Please -h, clarify.
Back in the day when I started as a moderator threads like these were locked and the author warned because this is an advertisement and not a editing related question.
No-one has told me since that this rule would have changed in any way..

But, instead of doing the lock/shake-finger-at-author I thought I'd be nice and just move this to a place that even remotely resembles of being the appropriate place for this.

EDIT:
Hmmm.. Maybe some sort of news/add board could do the trick for these non-resource/non-question things :scratch:
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2008, 09:17:39 by h- »
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 24 Mar 2008, 10:51:06 »
EDIT:
Hmmm.. Maybe some sort of news/add board could do the trick for these non-resource/non-question things :scratch:

Very very true.

Offline ferstaberinde

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: 24 Mar 2008, 15:30:23 »
To be fair, this is still a potential resource - the difference is that it has not been developed within the OFPEC write/submit/test/accept process. In some ways BAS f is closer to a mod team's addon, since it is developed and tested by a closed group (a combination of BAS and ShackTactical).

The intent of posting in the OFPEC forum was to encourage you to include the framework in your Editor's Depot, as it has been specifically developed with Mission Makers as the target audience. If there is a requirement to go through some kind of adoption process then please feel free to re-position this thread / change the thread title in such a way to align with your requirements.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 24 Mar 2008, 16:31:17 »
Placing the resource in the beta forum means the resource is "pending" to be tested by OFPEC staff, that the author is open to implement OFPEC recomendations, and that the author is ready to have his resource accepted and included into the ED or just rejected.

I understand that your resource has been already tested, it is a mature product and it has its own official page. So we may do basically any of three things:
1 - Host your current version in the ED depot, in this case you will need to tell us when a new version is ready.
2 - Dont host it, but point to your official page from the ED depot.
3 - Create a new forum where to post links and descriptions to interesting resources, as yours.

Offline ferstaberinde

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: 24 Mar 2008, 17:11:43 »
Thanks for outlining those options, Mandoble. Since there is a biki page with all the information and download links, I would suggest we go for option #2. Would it be useful if I prepared some text for the resource page in the ED?

EDIT by mandoble: removed full quoted message before you get rabidly spanked by -h  :P
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2008, 18:07:23 by Mandoble »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 24 Mar 2008, 18:06:27 »
Would it be useful if I prepared some text for the resource page in the ED?

yes.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #11 on: 24 Mar 2008, 18:34:39 »
removed full quoted message before you get rabidly spanked by -h
:D
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline ferstaberinde

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: 25 Mar 2008, 03:08:02 »
Oops - sorry for the full quote! :-[

Here's my suggested text for the ED page (it is a duplication of some static text from the biki page):

BAS f is a framework: an MP mission folder containing a library of 35+ scripts, functions and template files, plus a manual (75+ pages). The framework is designed to provide the mission designer, after minimal additional configuration, with a selection of pre-tested features and functionality intended to improve the overall quality and re-playability of his/her mission.

Since BAS f is a framework, and not a template, the design of the actual mission is completely open; the framework is intended only to save time for the designer by providing components such as weather selections that work with join-in-progress (JIP), or pre-configured gear selections for re-equipping soldiers during the mission briefing. For many components care has also been taken to localise messages and texts (where used) into several languages (German, Czech, Polish, Russian, Spanish and French).

Importantly, all components of the framework are fully explained in the manual, feature extensive commenting within script files, and each can be disabled if desired. The manual is designed to guide the mission designer through the full configuration process, as well as provide instructions for optional components.

BAS f is aimed at the new ArmA mission designer, although it is not intended for complete beginners. To use BAS f the mission designer should have a basic understanding of:

• How to open the MP mission editor
  • How to place and edit units, triggers, waypoints and markers in the editor
  • The ArmA scripting syntax (for .sqf files)
  • The roles of key files: description.ext and init.sqf
  • The role of script files (.sqf files)

If a mission designer has already created his/her first few missions, everything in BAS f should be relatively straightforward. In addition, mission designers with intermediate experience may also find BAS f useful as a time-saver, or as the basis for their own personal base framework(s).

For more information and download links, please see the biki page:
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BAS_f

Hope that is acceptable. Thanks for picking this up! :)
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2008, 03:11:25 by ferstaberinde »

Offline ferstaberinde

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: 02 Apr 2008, 16:18:56 »
Any progress with adding this to the ED? :)

PS A version of BAS f v1-1 with a Russian manual is also available:
http://www.ballisticaddonstudios.com/downloads/bas_f/bas_f_v1-1_ru.rar

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #14 on: 02 Apr 2008, 16:53:04 »
Yes, the ED has been re-configured to be able to host resources without the resource (but a link). Will test it later.