Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help with Mk19 Recoil  (Read 1476 times)

Offline paritybit

• Members
Help with Mk19 Recoil
« on: 12 Mar 2008, 22:08:17 »
As I'm getting more and more into config editing and scripting, I'm realizing many things can be done using the configs and scripts which I didn't think possible before. 

One of the things that bugs me most about vehicles in ArmA is the insane recoil of the Mk19 which makes both the Striker and the HMMWV "jump" backwards.  I am attempting to determine if this could be changed using configs.

I've looked at the config information for the HMMWVMK (the Mk 19 HMMWV), the MK19, the MK19 48 round magazine, and the MK19 ammunition.  I can't find any information that pertains to the recoil the weapon generates.  Has anyone else looked at this issue to see if it can be fixed via config or script?  Or, does anyone have pointers on where to look that I have not, or maybe a config value that I have overlooked?

Thanks,
paritybit
Heroes don't die -- they just respawn.

Offline Loyalguard

• Former Staff
Re: Help with Mk19 Recoil
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2008, 22:17:14 »
paritybit-

The recoil issue appears to be hard-coded from the what I have read on the matter.  I believe there are efforts underway of finding a workaround.  If I can learn more I will let you know.
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2008, 22:27:46 by Loyalguard »

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: Help with Mk19 Recoil
« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2008, 00:25:39 »
The recoils are normally written in cfgRecoils section of the config.

However in the case of the MK19 there is no recoil mentioned, the MK19 inherits from MGun, this also has no recoil values mentioned.

class MGun inherits from MGunCore, which, you guessed it, has no recoils listed.

Finally, MGunCore inherits from class Default, which lists its recoil as,   recoil = "Empty";.

From cfgRecoils empty is as you would expect empty,  empty[] = {};

It is quite possible that the recoil for some weapons are handled by the game engine and not any config.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.