Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Arma vs OFP, what motivates you?  (Read 7287 times)

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
Re: Arma vs OFP, what motivates you?
« Reply #15 on: 26 Mar 2008, 19:11:14 »
by the way, we must not forget OFP was a mess at first until patched up... hopefully ArmA will become a better long term platform as it too is patched up...

Offline Callaghan

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 28 Mar 2008, 11:42:13 »
oorah for the community!

Offline Rommel92

• Members
« Reply #17 on: 04 Apr 2008, 15:35:05 »
I shouldn't be saying this.. but I'm gonna.
 I don't. I much rather still play OFP with my mates. It's better.
Better animations huh? You mean more pretty or more playable?

In any case, I think it's wonderful that we now have two games instead of one. ArmA is for the new people, or people who want something new. It's also for those who need good quality gfx in their game. OFP is for those who don't mind about the gfx so much and tend to stick to the end with the one that works. Maybe they've got ugly girlfriends too and a rusty old pickup truck on the backyard too.
Both groups are happy although the occasional change of opinions between them occurs. :)

haha, I loved OFP, played it religiously, and if it wasn't for ArmA, I still would, instead I converted to ArmA, I never had a need for high quality graphics, I just prefer ArmAs game play over OFP, OFP on looking back recently in re-going at it with a few mates... its way to easy, all the mods set-up, everything, Ai full, its just way to easy, a frikin turkey shoot, whether or not the Ai in ArmA are b***sh*t or not, they at least give more realistic Kill / death ratios then OFP? That and the total immersion of the game, OFP had lost me with, ArmA had. We're not all cold hearted gamers, some just prefer the ArmA experience over OFP's. And as the game improves with patches and what not, I just watched as a 100 player + clan converted from OFP to ArmA, despite 70% not having high end computers, because they prefer the game play and ... realism of ArmA.

Mind you I think ArmAs too colourful compared to OFP's duller tint.

(hate to flame, just keep it to civil, non biased (as much as possible) clean arguments. (the swearing isn't abusive, its just the way I speak)).

EDIT: Scratch my entire post in the words of savedbygrace. I'd delete it and just give a 'here here'. But I want Artaks reply :P
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2008, 15:37:46 by rommel92 »