Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Kudos to all from a stranger…  (Read 2154 times)

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
Kudos to all from a stranger…
« on: 22 Feb 2008, 23:45:08 »
I wanted to make a quick post to thank all of the all volunteer OFPEC staff for what a great job they have been doing.  To say nothing to the users who spend many hours helping others on the forums.  After recovering from the dark days of the major crash it is now a wonderful site and surpasses anything previous that I remember.  The hard work by all is much appreciated, even by someone that has not been around much for a while.

I will always believe in OFPEC and happy to contribute the funds, especially if there is some kind of emergency.  Anyone is welcome to contact me on Skype; my Skype Name is richuk_usa.

A really superb job everyone!!!  :good:

RichUK

PS: Despite all of the improvements in ArmA, the Cold War Reamed project, and ArmA 2, I am quite sure that many still get great enjoyment developing stuff for, and playing, the original OFP (it still has a stort of magic to it, despite its many limitations).  I just wish there were more hours in the day to do all of the things I would like to do...  ::)

PPS: ... one day I will find time to finish the (rather too over-ambitious) OFP: Resistance - based mission that I started in January, 2005, or several of the more complex ArmA ones that I started, but did not finish.  When one is (eventially!) ready, I will certainly submit it as beta for the valuable feedback/updates that will be necessary to knock it into a state worthy to be hosted (for others enjoyment, as well as my own) :whistle:
« Last Edit: 23 Feb 2008, 00:21:08 by RichUK »

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: Kudos to all from a stranger…
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2008, 15:59:44 »
Thanks Rich for the kind words of encouragement, its good to hear from you. We are working hard on improving all areas of the site based on the results of the members survey and from discussions among the staff. So you should see improvements and updates frequently for the next while.

Of course OFPEC is always accepting donations, anyone who wants to, can donate through our paypal account(see link on main page), all monetary donations go towards supporting the site financially.(web hosting costs)

OFP is indeed alive and well.
Xbox Rocks

Offline MachoMan

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • KISS, Keep it Simple Stupid
« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2008, 11:29:39 »
Long time no see Rich!

Yeah I actually still remember that mission you were working on. Wasn't macca helping you out on it? Well he hasn't been around for a long while. I'd have to agree with you that ofp still has magic, while arma does not. I find myself playing ofp on rare occasions, while I haven't touched arma in a year.

Long live ofp ;) (and ofpec)
Get those missions out there you morons!

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
« Reply #3 on: 26 Feb 2008, 00:17:34 »
Thanks everyone.  You are the ones who richly deserve the praise.

Note: The OFP Mission that I will finish one day is called "Scuds Galore!".  It incorporates modified scud launchers that I scripted with launch keypads, etc. and lots of "sub-quests" to find information in order to complete the main mission.  I went completely overboard with the introduction stuff, it actually has two introductions, a Russian one (in Russian!), followed by a nato one (in English, but I may add translations), with a scene selector for each, in which you can select any number out of 4 scenes to run (or bypass them all).  Anyway, I enjoyed doing the coding and overcoming the challenges and work-arounds for the "limitations" (bugs) in the software!

... and nobody else has seen it yet.  I talked with Mac about it and intended to take his "Unimpossible Mission" apart to learn from him after competing it, but have not got round to doing that yet.  I did provide a subset of my dialog code from one of the cutscenes to some staff a while back.

Cheers...

Rich.

Offline Baddo

• Former Staff
  • Reservist Jaeger
« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2008, 20:36:04 »
...but it's Richard!   :D

Hello, Richard. I hope the sun is not baking you too much there in San Diego. It's -3 degrees Celcius here right now. Keep working on your mission friend. I sure would like to see it some day. I have an OFP mission to give to you in return  :shhh:

Best Wishes
from Baddo.