Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: CIVILIANS BEING RETARDS please help  (Read 1818 times)

Offline Cplme

• Former Staff
CIVILIANS BEING RETARDS please help
« on: 28 Feb 2008, 15:37:02 »
Hi guys its been a long time since ive been on here. Well Im playing ARMA a lot and need to make a multiplayer mission for the squad I play in so basicly the Mission entails of a large Civillian Crowd which will be controlled by AI the Civillians are holding a peaceful demonstration however start to become slowly hostile by throwing rocks or what ever. After a While hopefully by a trigger I want these civilians to become even more hostile and take weapons out of their cloths and start firing at my squad. I dont want this to happen as Soon my guys arrive. I want them to start firing as a helicopter evacuates a "friendly" Civillian from a building. Now Ive searched the Forums and have seen some topics that could of helped but it just didnt work the weapons werent pulled out and they just stayed there and looked at the buidling.

So basicly What i need Help with is:
1. Setting the Civilians into enemy taking up weapons and ammo start firing at my guys after a helicopter starts to evacuate the "friendly" Civilian out of the area
2. Can the Civilians call for support for more civilians to arrive to help try and kill my guys

Probably asking a bit to much but IM a noob at mission editing.

Offline Tajin

• Members
Re: CIVILIANS BEING RETARDS please help
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2008, 17:46:57 »
here, try this
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setFriend
I'm not sure how well it works.

Might be a good idea though to put those civilians on the resistance side first.

Offline dr. seltsam

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2008, 17:48:28 »
hi,

i would set the RACs friendly to the east. That will influence the civilians too. They will see west units as enemy then. To make it look not to obviously, i would set all civilians into unit-position "up" and give them lower combatmode and behaviour with:

civ1 setUnitPos "up"
civ1 setCombatMode "blue"
civ1 setBehaviour "careless"

etc.

After your initial action (the chopper extraction) happened, you can give them weapons wiith the addWeapon-command, turn the unit-position back to "auto", give higher combatmode and behaviour:

civ1 setUnitPos "auto"
civ1 setCombatMode "yellow"
civ1 setBehaviour "aware"

etc.

Or maybe you have an defined array with all civilians like:

all_civs=[c1,c2,c3,c4,c5,c6,c7,c8,c9,c10,c11,c12,c13,c14]

then you can set them back with:

{_x setUnitPos "auto"; _x setCombatMode "red"; _x setBehaviour "aware"} foreach all_civs

:D
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2008, 17:50:19 by dr. seltsam »

Offline fallujahmedic

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 28 Jan 2009, 22:28:24 »
 This is very much like the question I was going to ask. We are playing as insurgents. How to we "appear" to be friendly while "sneaking" an IED into a hostile town?
 Also, what about Civilian moles (insurgents posing as civilians), Is it possible to make an AI Civ act normal until approached by an unaware soldier then produce a supressed makarov and shoot him in the back? (my vivid imagination there, but hopefully you get the point). We need some type of instigator in town that randomly respawns as friendly, but ultimately goes rogue until killed or until is hidden again.
 Again, there doesnt seem to be any "one" script to address these issues and I'd hate to mash the code all up and F it up.

Offline johnnyboy

• OFPEC Patron
  • Matan los Pantalones!!!
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jan 2009, 01:22:48 »
Civ starts out friendly to West, then turns hostile:

Here's another way to do it:

1. Make RACS (resistance) friendly to West (so the civs will start out as friendly to West).
2. Create one or more Eastern Units with a high rank and a probability of presence = zero.
3. Create a trigger that detects the condition on when civilians should become hostile.
4. In this trigger force your civilians to join the Eastern unit that has probability of presence = zero.   The civilians will now behave like Eastern units.  And Western units will treat them as enemies (shoot on sight).

So if all_civs is an array of all your civilians...

all_civs=[c1,c2,c3,c4,c5,c6,c7,c8,c9,c10,c11,c12,c13,c14];

Then the trigger can have them join the eastern unit (with probability of presence zero) named EastDude below:

all_civs join EastDude;

It might be not realistic to have the West suddenly decide to shoot all the units, so you might want to script it so only as civs pull weapons, do they join EastDude (space them out so not all do it at once).

Good luck.
El Cojon: "Do you like to Tango?"
You: "Only in Bagango."
Download Last Tango in Bagango and discover how El Cojon earned his name...

Offline fallujahmedic

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jan 2009, 01:33:10 »
 Yes, our problems seem to being able to infiltrate the town without being detected (and at the same time not dumbing down the Ai as not to detect us). An insurgent is a Civ (minus the headscarf) so shouldnt be identified as Opfor unless/until a hostile act is performed. I guess I could just have a Civ plant IED's around town (to be detonated upon close passage of Bluefor vehicles).