Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)  (Read 91936 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #420 on: 06 May 2009, 19:34:23 »
ACE team included mando missiles INSIDE ACE without permission and with a different path, and this is causing a great ammount of problems. What they should have done is just to have an initialization that waits to detect WHETER mando missiles addon or script suite has been initialized or included BY THE MISSION AUTHOR, and if so, then proceed with some specific initialization for some specific ACE units or setup for the missiles. But sadly this has not been done that way inside ACE. Probably you can disable ACE mando missiles, and then just use mando missiles in the traditional and safe way as script suite or addon included in your mission, using your (the mission editor) specific rules and setup. Hope this help, while I cannot guarantee.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #421 on: 06 May 2009, 19:41:23 »
Maxsword, I think now I know where your problem is. In your version of console (latest public one), the planes created for carpet bombing are created with only the pilot inside, not the gunner. This is the cause your actions for the gunner have no effect. You can modify the script to create also the gunner for carpet bombing missions if desired plane type is your F15E. Said that, the F15E has some problems, one of them is that it proceeds to the assigned waypoint in full afterburner and really excesive speed. so it might be already closer than 2000m to the desiged target even before having this position correctly aligned with the flight path. And then the action useweapon works fine, but for a single bomb. It seems that the gunner needs to wait excesive time after dropping a bomb to be able to drop a new one, and obviously this is not any good for carpet bombing, where you want to drop 6 bombs in a sequence with a delay of less than 0.5 secs between bomb and bomb. Hope this helps.

Offline Sick

• Members
    • Dev-Heaven.net
« Reply #422 on: 06 May 2009, 20:34:03 »
Our sincerest appologies on both accounts:
If we did not have this permission, this fact somehow got lost or there was some miscommunication, and we will change according to your will.
As to the compatibility issue, this has indeed been overlooked, we will also change according to your will.

Shall we continue in Private?
« Last Edit: 06 May 2009, 20:40:13 by Sick »

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #423 on: 06 May 2009, 20:49:33 »
I see, thanks for the answer.

Another quick question:

If I want to setGroupID on a plane spawned by the script (avoiding 1-1-H and such as group name in radio chat), do you have some advice on how to do that ?

I'm currently trying various isKindOf "AIR" or countType "AIR" thislist trigger solutions, but haven't got it working.

Sincerely,

Laggy

And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #424 on: 07 May 2009, 12:39:08 »
Maxsword,
while the GBU F15E is definitively not a good option for carpet bombing because the required minimum delay between bomb drop and drop bomb, I tried the CBU one with absolutely outstanding and devastating results. I flattened all the SE saharani airport installations with a single pass at full speed of a single F15E (cbu_mesh). I configured 0.4 secs delay between bombs and a flying alt of 185m.

Laggy,
what you can do is to open the dlg script, look for group creations and execute the setGroupID there. Anyway the idea to be able to play with groups IDs is nice, and this and the creation of the gunner for carpet bombing missions might be enough excuse for me to release a new version  ;)

Sickboy,
first of all thanks for understanding the problem, I will try to think on a possible temporal solution for the issues that doesnt break what you have already implemented inside ACE. Actually Im switching from internet provider, and Im not able to use messenger/Skype, hope to have this fixed for this weekend or next week, then I'll try to chatch you online.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #425 on: 07 May 2009, 20:34:41 »
Thanks a lot !

Was a great deal of pasting in the script, but it works like a charm  :)

Laggy
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #426 on: 13 May 2009, 23:28:02 »
Hi again Mandoble.

If I want ALL players to hear the Air Support call AND reply (sideradio), is there a variable that I can check for (in i.e a trigger for the local player) and use publicVariable command to broadcast it somehow?

Or can it be done some other way?

Would increase the immersion  :good:

Laggy

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #427 on: 13 May 2009, 23:46:39 »
Actually no, while you can easily modify mando_airsupportdlg.sqf to add that functionality, just open it and look for sideRadio commands. You would need to publish both, the side and the corresponding string, for example: mando_radio_req_br, just after the sideradio command. Instead of using a trigger, you might just use addPublicVariableEventHandler for these variables.

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #428 on: 13 May 2009, 23:53:50 »
Thanks again,

Awesome script, hope it will work in ArmA2 or that you'll modify it to work  :whistle:
I use it in most of my missions from now on, you got me addicted  :P

Laggy

Offline Vengeance

• Members
« Reply #429 on: 09 Jul 2009, 02:36:18 »
So does anyone know if it will work or parts of it will work in ARMA2?  ???

Offline desrat

• Members
« Reply #430 on: 09 Oct 2009, 01:39:51 »
sry to re-post in an old thread but just wanted to ask if this is being brought across to A2 also - I keep checking on Mando Missle on BIS but didnt notice any news on this project as yet...

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #431 on: 11 Oct 2009, 03:03:52 »
Yes, as soon as I finish with Mando missile for A2 I will work on bombs porting.

Offline desrat

• Members
« Reply #432 on: 12 Oct 2009, 02:45:44 »
sweeeeet :)

I really miss the Support console - the ArmA2 support modules just don't touch it imho
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2009, 02:50:33 by desrat »

« Reply #433 on: 25 Jul 2010, 08:14:28 »
Sirs,

I want to get the cruise missiles to work, but when i use the MMC it just said No cruise missiles available. What weaponsplatform can carry them and how do i deploy them, what script do i use?

Greets

Hyper

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #434 on: 21 Aug 2010, 20:15:38 »
You need to define a global variable with the name of the vehicle you want to use, more details on the included readme.