Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)  (Read 91946 times)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)
« on: 19 Feb 2008, 21:28:20 »

A plane will perform real and accurate free fall or SADARM bombs run against indicated object or coordinates.

Use any plane you want with any bomb class available in ArmA, external addons or the scripted SADARM and execute deadly bomb runs against any unit, vehicle, building, object or coordinates.

Read the Mando Bombs ArmA online help for more info about demo missions and scripts usage.

Included also the Mando Air Support Console, from where you may order bomb runs over map positions or call for close air support where the planes will select targets within 500m from the indicated support center.

And now you can use also SADARM dropped from planes, ground deployed or fired by artillery or tank units.

Get Mando Bombs ArmA v1.61

Changes in v1.61:
- No more unlimited missiles for armed reconnaissance missions.
- Armed reconnaissance missiles maneouverability increased.
- More friendly camera control, now you dont need to fight the plane movements while aiming with the camera.
- Camera speed increased and also adjusted based on zoom level. Overal speed increased and fine control even with maximum zoom.
- Camera for non reco missions is now steerable, but you cannot zoon in it.
- Mando Missile visual launcher using SADARM bombs included (mando_bombs_airsadarm.Intro demo mission).

Changes in v1.60:
- Now you can use static objects and static weapons for vehicle supply missions in both, console and non console air support.
- New code global vars that are executed when reinforcements and airborne assault groups are created.
- New global to set LAND or JUMP modes, last seleted mode is kept next time you open the console.
- Civilian1 was causing problems, not substituted by Civilian11 for any civilian mission.
- Online help updated.
- Last support position is keep as current support position next time you open the console.

Changes in v1.59:
- Now you can switch between cameras of all missions in-flight (cruise missiles have priority).
- Now you can select LAND or JUMP mode for reinforcements and airborne assaults.
- Now you can set different vehicle types for LAND and JUMP reinforcements or airborne assault missions.
- Setup/Info dialog is now working, you have 5 configurable listboxes and a configurable info text.
- Demo mission mando_bombs_armedrec.Sara updated (Air Support Console v1.59 video).
- Carpet bombing option added.
- Now you may control comms state with a new global var, if value = 1, no comms so console will not work.
- Added a new read-only global array with all the vehicles of the leaders in current missions.
- Now you can control the side of the console with a new global var.
- Now you can switch the control mode of missiles fired by reco planes to manual (TV) mode with a new global.
- Lateral widescreen bars gone when in camera mode and console hidden.
- If you change the course of a reco plane, it will consider also the current altitude set in the slider.
- More details, examples and explanations added to the help file.

See it in action
Air Support Console
Air Support Console reco and cruise missiles
Ground deployed SADARM
SADARM saturation bombardment
Armed Reconnaissance
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2008, 00:40:21 by Mandoble »

Offline LeeHunt

• Former Staff
  • John 21:25
Re: Mando Bombs (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2008, 17:12:01 »
thanks for creating this!!  A really good bomb run script is a "must" in nearly every mission  :good:

Offline HataKilla

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2008, 21:52:24 »
Lol its as if you read my reply
http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=comments&type=news&id=505
 and thought, Hmm, I can do that.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2008, 22:08:11 »
An Avro Vulcan would never have this level of accuracy  :P

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2008, 00:53:19 »
Great script very handy, just a thought... Would it be possible to have the strike coordinates on a map click, and have the aircraft spawn and carry out the fast air mission on a trigger?  Im in the process of making some British recce patrols and firefights, eventually to go onto an afghan map, as alot of the time an airstrike is needed to break contact with the enemy, would be good if it could be done in game.

Cheers and thx again for the script.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2008, 02:01:44 »
Sure, expect an updated version tomorrow including the call for air support script.

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 21 Feb 2008, 18:54:31 »
In the demo I changed one of the empty tanks into a manned one and the planes won't perform the bombruns.
They just flew over a few times (very very slow) but none of them dropped any bombs.  :confused:

I saw when they're under fire they make some evasive moves, is that part of the script or is that just the AI?

Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 21 Feb 2008, 20:24:33 »
And what name did you give to the named one?

EDIT: If name is correct, set this into the init field of the planes to ensure they dont engange by their own:
Code: [Select]
this setCombatMode "BLUE";this setBehaviour "CARELESS"
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2008, 20:43:46 by Mandoble »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 23 Feb 2008, 16:56:05 »
Bombs script updated to 1.1
Added also Air Support console script.

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 23 Feb 2008, 20:27:40 »
Spot on m8...  Keep that fast air coming  :good:

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 24 Feb 2008, 04:01:45 »
Hey Mandoble, is there a way i can change the time before the jets begin the attack run? e.g  sometimes it can take 30/40 mins for fast air to become available.

Cheers dude...

Offline finneyz24

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 24 Feb 2008, 04:07:28 »
Great job on the script I love it.  The only problem I have is when I respawn I can't use it again.  :(  If I walk up to my corpse I can use it from my corpse.  If anyone has any ideas I'm open.

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #12 on: 24 Feb 2008, 04:12:25 »
Shadow.D., this is part of the header of mando_airsupportdlg.sqf

This script uses the following set of global variables:
   mando_support_left_WEST: Maximum number of west planes available for bomb run or cas missions (default value is 8).
   mando_support_left_EAST: Maximum number of east planes available for bomb run or cas missions (default value is 8).
   mando_support_left_GUER: Maximum number of res planes available for bomb run or cas missions (default value is 8).
   mando_support_left_CIV: Maximum number of civ planes available for bomb run or cas missions (default value is 8).
   mando_airsupport_type: type of plane for the missions (default value is "AV8B2" for west and "Su34B" for east).
   mando_airsupport_range: Range from target where the planes will be spawned (default and minimum value is 3500).
   mando_airsupport_max_cas: In close air support, maximum number of attacks per plane (default value is 2).

Before executing this script you may set the desired values for the previous variables, if you dont, default values will be used.

What you can do is to increase mando_airsupport_range, so the planes will be spawned as far as you want from the indicated support position. You can also make the action menu available for the player 30m after he has done something else, for example, a general air support request by radio, after that time the planes "are" close and ready to receive accurate air support info, and then you add the action to the player, or you just open automatically the console executing the script directly. This way the player will need to wait 30 mins, but the planes will be not flying from the outer space for 30 mins.

finneyz24, if you use the script via action menu attached to the player, like in the example mission, it is up to you to when to add the action to the player again once he "lives" again, just like anyother menu action you would add to your players. You may also add the action to a vehicle or an object (a computer, for example), so the action would be there regardless player respawns.
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2008, 04:37:03 by Mandoble »

Offline chip360

• Members
Re: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #13 on: 24 Feb 2008, 10:13:46 »
Hi there Mando,

Another Excellent script  :good:

One question, I am trying to add this to EvolutionSP and I was succesful adding it via action menu, but I would like to know a little more specifically how to activate with radio command (trigger) ?

I created a trigger for activation radio foxtrot and added this into my init:

res = execVM"mando_airsupportdlg.sqf"

Anywho, before via action menu the console popped right up, but now when I activate it this way nothing happens...

I dont get any error messages, just nothing happens. Do you know how I could fix this?
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2008, 10:27:14 by chip360 »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
Re: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #14 on: 24 Feb 2008, 10:45:03 »
Air Support console updated to v1.1

chip360, there is an error in the documentation of the mando_airsupportdlg.sqf v1.0 script, if you execute it directly, you need to pass an object as first and single parameter (any object, or even objNull):
res = [objNull]execVM"mando_airsupportdlg.sqf" <- This for the on Act. field of your radio trigger.

You may get the new 1.1 version of the console and you will only need to execute the script without parameters.