Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)  (Read 92601 times)

Offline Manzilla

• Members
Re: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #360 on: 15 Jan 2009, 17:48:18 »
MadTommy,

This may be completely wrong for the set up that you use, I use the console in game, but there is 2 ways I limit the availability of support options. First is simply from the init.sqf of a mission.
I add this to the init:  mando_support_left_WEST = 8;(I believe this sets bomb run or cas to 8 available in this example.

The other way is via "mando_airsupportdlg.sqf" file. Open this up and check the green writing on the top. It describes which variable does what. From here you can scroll down the page and find:

if (isNil "mando_support_left_WEST") then
   {
      mando_support_left_WEST = 8; };    (Just change the number to amount desired)
*The rest of the support option limits are listed below this one.

You can use either way, IMHO putting the global variables in the init.sqf is much quicker once you set it up.

Now regarding setting a time limit for use, I can't offer any assistance with this. I've never tried it and to be honest I never thought about that until now. It's a damn good idea though so I look forward to what Mandoble has to say about it.

« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2009, 17:50:22 by Manzilla »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #361 on: 15 Jan 2009, 20:38:16 »
Well, mando_bombs_basic_mapclick.sqf provides a single attack per each execution. So, once you executes it, it asks for map coords (map click) and the attack is executed.

in the example mission, a trigger is used to allow the attack, a radio trigger which works "REPEATEDLY" so you have this option available via radio all the time. Using an action menu you may achieve your goal easily. You add the action to an object (a radio, for example), when the action is executed, the script associated removes the action, executes mando_bombs_basic_mapclick.sqf, sleeps for 10 mins and adds the action again to the object.

Offline Manzilla

• Members
« Reply #362 on: 15 Jan 2009, 21:31:16 »
Man I gotta check out that example mission. I've only tried the Air Support Console method but I like the sound of that. I kind of feel like a moron because I didn't realize that's what mapclick was all about... and an even bigger moron since I never tried that example mission.

Offline MadTommy

• Members
« Reply #363 on: 15 Jan 2009, 22:22:43 »
Thanks mate  :good:... i understand what you have written.. but have no idea how to do it.  :scratch:  *runs off to try and figure it out* (i'm very new to all this)

Mando edit: full quoted text removed  :P

« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2009, 22:41:34 by Mandoble »

Offline Vengeance

• Members
« Reply #364 on: 16 Jan 2009, 18:32:28 »
Not sure if anyone else has ran into this.  But when using ACE the Laser Designator does not work when I call the console for a LA attack, the aircraft does not seem to recognize the marked target.  I think it is because the Normal ARMA Laser Designator is not being used?  :dunno: Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Offline Manzilla

• Members
« Reply #365 on: 16 Jan 2009, 18:50:01 »
Are you using the Ace LD? I wonder if you added the vanilla ArmA LD via the init line of the unit if it would work. I haven't tried the LA attack with ACE yet but I'll check it out.

Offline MadTommy

• Members
« Reply #366 on: 16 Jan 2009, 19:28:06 »
Using an action menu you may achieve your goal easily. You add the action to an object (a radio, for example), when the action is executed, the script associated removes the action, executes mando_bombs_basic_mapclick.sqf, sleeps for 10 mins and adds the action again to the object.

Ok.. sorry i've failed to comprehend this correctly.  I'm still trying to figure it out but have so far failed. Could a kind soul please rephrase this or spell it out for this newbie.

I need to add a script, (in this case mando_bombs_basic_mapclick.sqf) to the action menu of lets say a squad leader and only allow it to be run every 10 minutes.

Thanks.

(p.s i hope the use of quotes is ok.. :P , just tring to make it easy for anyone trying to help!)

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #367 on: 16 Jan 2009, 21:50:28 »
No.

just a brief example you may run for the leader of a group:
Code: [Select]
// Script to run, for example, from the init field of the squad leader
_leader = _this select 0;
if (!local _leader) exitWith {};

// Action is added for the leader only if it is local, so only the leader can see his action
_leader addAction ["Call for CAS", "bomb_control.sqf"];

And now bomb_control.sqf
Code: [Select]
// bomb_control.sqf
private["_leader", "_acidx"];

_leader = _this select 0;
_acidx = _this select 2;

// Action is removed, so the leader cannot call for support again
_leader removeAction _acidx;

// Depending on the leader side AV8 or Su34 are used
if (side _leder == west) then
{
   ["AV8B2", true, false] execVM "mando_bombs\mando_bombs_basic_mapclick.sqf";
}
else
{
   ["Su34B", true, false] execVM "mando_bombs\mando_bombs_basic_mapclick.sqf";
};

// Now we wait for 10 mins
Sleep 600;

// We add the action again after 10 mins
if (alive _leader) then
{
   _leader addAction ["Call for CAS", "bomb_control.sqf"];
};

Note that this is just a basic example, anyway questions related to menu actions, triggers, etc are not related to mando bombs so it would be better to discusse them in the general forum.

Offline Manzilla

• Members
« Reply #368 on: 16 Jan 2009, 22:14:32 »
Vengeance,

I just tried the example mission "mando_bombs_laserandcap.Sara" with ACE and was able to laze the target just fine. Granted, the unit has the vanilla ArmA LD added via it's init line. I didn't try it with the ACE LD.

Offline MadTommy

• Members
« Reply #369 on: 16 Jan 2009, 22:22:29 »
Thanks for the help.

(when i use _leader it says i cant add local or global field.. dont worry i'll ask else where.)
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2009, 00:32:58 by MadTommy »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #370 on: 17 Jan 2009, 07:34:23 »
Dony worry, if the question is related to an example posted here, feel free to keep using this thread.

Offline Vengeance

• Members
« Reply #371 on: 17 Jan 2009, 18:52:57 »
Thanks Manzilla I will use the ARMA LD in init line, too bad we can't use the ACE LD it is very nice.

Sorry may be my mission error seems to work with Mando Demo.
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2009, 19:09:01 by Vengeance »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #372 on: 17 Jan 2009, 19:11:04 »
So is there some compatibility problem with ACE or not?

Offline Manzilla

• Members
« Reply #373 on: 17 Jan 2009, 19:49:56 »
I haven't seen a single problem thus far. If something comes up I'll be sure to post it.

Offline Vengeance

• Members
« Reply #374 on: 21 Jan 2009, 01:22:08 »
So is there some compatibility problem with ACE or not?

No problem here is what I learned, I forgot to use this:

[]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_haveialaser.sqf";