Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)  (Read 91964 times)

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
Re: Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support (ACCEPTED)
« Reply #15 on: 24 Feb 2008, 18:29:25 »
Cheers for that Mandoble, after i posted i thought about doing it the way you suggested...   Thanks anyway and once again great script.

Offline chip360

• Members
« Reply #16 on: 24 Feb 2008, 20:42:49 »
Thank you so very much Mandoble for your support!

This makes an Excellent addition to my missions  :D Keep up the absolutely amazing work =]

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 25 Feb 2008, 00:54:49 »
Great script, it works much better now for me and that console is a nice addition.

The second demo mission (mando_bombs_map.Intro) doesn't work for me. (Arma 1.09 beta)
When the map shows up for the coords only the overlay is shown. It's not a functional map, I can't click it. (I fire instead)

Search or search or search before you ask.

Offline Shadow.D. ^BOB^

• Members
« Reply #18 on: 25 Feb 2008, 04:48:28 »
I had this issue at 1st aswell, ive since delelted all the target's and markers and it seems to work fine...    A simple thing, have u tried pressing the map key a couple of times if u get this problem?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #19 on: 25 Feb 2008, 09:19:23 »
The onMapSingleClick example only uses "forceMap true" to open the map. If this fails in 1.09 opening a grid without map, then it should be a new 1.09 issue.

Offline hank_officer

• Members
  • Hank Officer
« Reply #20 on: 26 Feb 2008, 15:09:41 »
i found a bug in airsupport control...

I called support, close airsupport control.
then i open it again,but i can call support again?
first support still ingressing = =

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #21 on: 26 Feb 2008, 15:19:13 »
Yes, you can do that as long as you have planes left. But if you do, the info of the planes still executing the previous mission will be overwritten by the info of the planes in the current mission. So, if you want to keep track of a single mission, dont ask for a second mission before the current one ends. If you dont care about having several infos at the same time, and if you are fast (because buttons might get disabled as soon as current mission planes updates their states), then you can order more support missions.

Offline Hoot1988

• Members
« Reply #22 on: 28 Feb 2008, 01:41:35 »
hey nice script youve got here however i think ive found a bug with the mando_bombs_map demo.

I press 0-0-1 then go to the map to select where i want the CAS to attack however my aimer sights are still on the screen and when i try to click on the map i fire a round.

am i doing something wrong? also can this be used on groups of infantry or do all targets have to be named in the mission?

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #23 on: 28 Feb 2008, 01:43:06 »
Nope, it seems there is a bug with 1.09beta and forceMap true command, because you are using 1.09beta, right?

EDIT:
anyway, that example mission is just an example of onMapSingleClick usage, you may implement your own way for that.
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2008, 01:44:54 by Mandoble »

Offline Hoot1988

• Members
« Reply #24 on: 28 Feb 2008, 01:55:22 »
Im not actually running 1.09 i only recently got my computer back from repairs and got arround to installing ArmA today.

Im running Queens Gambit tho, and Vista if that helps at all?

Offline Hoot1988

• Members
« Reply #25 on: 28 Feb 2008, 20:08:12 »
hey, after some more testing today the problem only seems to occur on 1.08 when you radio 0-0-1 before you go to the map. however if you go to the map first then radio 0-0-1 then you can call in the strike properly.

thanks.

Offline Martin_BM

• Members
« Reply #26 on: 01 Mar 2008, 12:01:50 »
Hi
This "on map click" script is awsome but i have some questions. Can i change amount of bombs dropped in one attack round ?. I have one idea but i know nothing about scripting  ::), I was trying to use fake ir marker or smoksehell as a target and make plane drop his loadout after specific time after smokeshell or ir marker is placed. It is possible ?
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2008, 12:07:24 by Martin_BM »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #27 on: 01 Mar 2008, 12:47:08 »
Do you mean to order a plane to attack the position of a smokeshell? Anyway, you can attack any position or object you provide to the script. And yes, you can change the ammount of bombs used in a bomb run in this section of code:
Code: [Select]

[_plane, _type, _posb] spawn mando_drop_bomb;

sleep 0.1;

[_plane, _type, [-(_posb select 0), _posb select 1, _posb select 2]] spawn mando_drop_bomb;

If drops a bomb from right pilon and 0.1 secs later another from left pilon (as long as _posb select 0 is different than 0, else both bombs will fall from the center of plane).

But these bombs are quite accurate, in fact a single one is enough to ensure almost a direct hit in a small vehicle.

For example, for four bombs:
Code: [Select]
         sleep 0.1;
         [_plane, _type, [-(_posb select 0), _posb select 1, _posb select 2]] spawn mando_drop_bomb;
         sleep 0.1;
         sleep 0.1;

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
« Reply #28 on: 09 Mar 2008, 12:05:47 »
Mando Bombs ArmA updated to v1.2 including basic and advanced air support and bomb runs and SADARM devices for planes, artillery or grunts. Check first post for more info.

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #29 on: 10 Mar 2008, 06:44:47 »
Hi Mando

I watched your script(s) in action in MP tonite. Worked fairly well.  Not super accurate, as it should be for free fall bombs. I think I saw a little bug.

The harriers flew over and dropped their bombs, then I guess you deleteVehicle them. Well the pilots were still there. It looked like they were setPos'd about 200 meters in the air. :whistle:
FWIW
Why do I have to be a Rocket Scientist to make a good mission?