Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Model Proxies Archive  (Read 2129 times)

Offline ArMaTeC

• Members
  • City Life 2
    • armatechsquad.com
Model Proxies Archive
« on: 15 Feb 2008, 23:02:58 »
OK i have been working on this little project that i hope BIS is OK with to help addon makers locate there pilot and cargo proxies on the model while in O2 viewer. It easy to setup and i hope it helps at least 2 of you lot out there.
View readme.txt for simple instructions
I left a sample model open "DummyDefault.p3d" for you to make any i missed and i know i missed a few

If you need to make your own this a quick how to

Ok as i was asked on the BI forum this is how to make your own

Best practice setup
a. Install All BIS Official Tools 02PE/BinPBO and so on
b. Depbo ALL Bis default addons and copy the unpboed folders to your ca folder created at
C:\my document's\ArmAWork\ca\

1. Open the addon Folder with proxies that you depboed before you should look in
C:\Users\username\Documents\ArmAWork\ca\Addon_Name\Data\Anim
in here you will find the UH60_Pilot.rtm this is the file you need to change the
default stance of the character so that he is shaped in a certain way to fit
the gunners/pilot seat.

2. Open DummyDefault.p3d file and select window on the top bar and check show
animations this will give you the animations panel.

3. Right click on that animations panel and select From Matrices and select
the .rtm you picked in step 2 this will then add 3+ animations to the animations
panel what i did was then delete all the animations but not the 0.000000 bit
when you select this animation step you will see the model change to the shape
needed for the proxy in your model. Now look in your model where you would
like to view the proxies in the viewer and slow double click the named
property and you will see the path required for your addon proxy keep this noted.
\ca\temp\proxies\uh_60\pilot

3. Create this file path C:\Users\*user_name*\Documents\ArmAWork\ca\temp\proxies\*Addon_Name*\(with out the *)
and save the changed default model to this folder called pilot.p3d.(There will be other names such as driver/gunner/cargo and so on)

Enjoy

Download
Mirrors:
armaholic.com

Offline Sparky

• Former Staff
    • Hellenic Warfare Mod
Re: Model Proxies Archive
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2008, 00:21:40 »
There is no need for any dummy default.p3d to apply any proxy rtm. since BIS has released the MLOD soldier.
I just read that you're using that model so there shouldn't be any problem.
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=dfd8645c7d7aefdad01ca937a40a3142;act=ST;f=61;t=67070
so i suppose that the instructions is everything someone needs in order to apply and create any proxy.
After all proxy is a "position" and not model depended so no matter what soldier model you use (pilot, driver, soldier etc etc) the result will be the same.
As long as you want to use it in BIS man skeletons or models with the same skeleton structure as BIS.

3. Create this file path C:\Users\*user_name*\Documents\ArmAWork\ca\temp\proxies\*Addon_Name*\(with out the *)
and save the changed default model to this folder called pilot.p3d.(There will be other names such as driver/gunner/cargo and so on)

A small correction you need VehicleName instead of Addon_Name
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2008, 01:05:23 by XSparky »

Offline arremba

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jun 2008, 15:02:23 »
Hi, its Arremba San Zorzo.
1) Is there a way to open/import the old cargo animation from OFP models to new Arma models.
I have tried following your tutorial: i have opened one of my new character.p3d and after i have opened an old .rtm file. But nothing, my man don't move :dunno:
2) ...if the point 1 is possible, where can i find a tutorial about the right setting of the config file about the cargo animations?
Thanks
Arremba

Offline Sparky

• Former Staff
    • Hellenic Warfare Mod
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jun 2008, 10:47:16 »
OFP didn't use a skeleton for rtm animations only selections, so you can't create a proxy position using OFP rtm animations

Offline arremba

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2008, 13:06:58 »
thanks, sparks
unfortunately your is the same ansewer that others had tolds to me :confused:
Remain one only thing: work on new animations!
Bie
Thanks again